IGNORED

Atari game on Knight Rider?

lbaeza

Hi

Here's a capture of a Knight Rider episode featuring a videogame played on KITT's monitor:

kitt1.jpg

kitt2.jpg

It looks like it's an Atari game (computer game? maybe 5200 game?)...

Anybody knows what game is that?

Regards

Hi

Here's a capture of a Knight Rider episode featuring a videogame played on KITT's monitor:

kitt1.jpg

kitt2.jpg

It looks like it's an Atari game (computer game? maybe 5200 game?)...

Anybody knows what game is that?

Regards

Thats actually Intellivisions Space Battle, thay also had Intellivision Auto Racing as some kind of a map made me laugh. :)

Another thing i Know for sure (almost) is that when something is put in Kitts 'analyser' you hear sounds from Millipede...

but how to prove it ...

Marius

Yea I remember this too, it's definately millipede or centipede. I seem to remember a few unmistakable Pokey sounds coming from Kitt in various episodes

I remember that game ... it was from a first season episode called "Nobody Does It Better." I didn't know what game it was, but the "3" in the lower-right is clearly in the classic Intellivision font, so that much was a dead giveaway.

There was also an episode (don't remember which one it was; might have been in the fourth season) that featured a strange-looking computer with a Texas Instruments logo on it. I don't remember it clearly enough, but it clearly wasn't a 99/4a; it might have been a 99/8.

I loved the video game sounds that they always used for KITT. Come to think of it, even to this day, whenever a television show needs to use "video game sounds" in a scene where someone is shown playing a video game, they always seem to use recognizable sound samples from one of a handful of classic video games, even when the players have PlayStation controllers in their hands. As bad as they are, they seem to use 2600 Pac-Man sounds the most.

I think they do that for video game "atmosphere" as anything from the 90's 32-bits forward are too realistic. They want to make sure the viewer knows it video game sounds and not something else...

Hmmm... from what I'm reading, Rally Speedway apparently is an improved version of Intellivision Auto Racing, so we both mean the same episode, then.

Probably but it's definitely Intellivision, as also mentioned above. :)

Hmmm... from what I'm reading, Rally Speedway apparently is an improved version of Intellivision Auto Racing, so we both mean the same episode, then.

Probably but it's definitely Intellivision, as also mentioned above. :)

Yes, it's most likely, given that the other one was an Intellivision game too. The year of the episode would probably further confirm that.