IGNORED

Coleco?

walter_J64bit

What would be interesting would be to see how many games for both consoles would look if the FULL ability of those consoles had been used properly.

I don't even mean Opcode-levels. I mean; if the CV's 32K was enough for all screens in a game (as it obviously was for DK Jr.), what would they have been like? If so many 1983 games hadn't been rushed out? Even I managed to design a better-looking mushroom for CV Centipede.

What if they got it right with Omega Race (even the Vic-20 did), and Space Fury? Victory? Mr. Do!?

What would the 5200 Pac-Man have looked like? Joust? Vanguard?

Wasn't Coleco working on some A800 ports of Colecovision games? I'm pretty sure I've played a proto of Tarzan at some point...

Wouldn't have been too hard to convert them to 5200 games if they'd wished.

Edited by graywest

5200 controllers have a fix for them now. Do you even have a 5200?

Yes I do have a 5200. Besides, I was only talking about the "standard issue" controllers. Not the third party type. And not the "recent" fixes that you may be talking about. If you want to include that, then even our computer emulators (the keyboard) have better control.

5200 controllers have a fix for them now. Do you even have a 5200?

Yes I do have a 5200. Besides, I was only talking about the "standard issue" controllers. Not the third party type. And not the "recent" fixes that you may be talking about. If you want to include that, then even our computer emulators (the keyboard) have better control.

Ok, cool I was thing that you were some Nintendo fanboy that never seen a 5200 or used one, you can take junk about the 5200 controllers. :razz: Back on the Topic :P I haven't seen these Coleco games that made it to the A8 isn't anyone here nutty enough to convert them to 5200? :cool:

What would be interesting would be to see how many games for both consoles would look if the FULL ability of those consoles had been used properly.

I don't even mean Opcode-levels. I mean; if the CV's 32K was enough for all screens in a game (as it obviously was for DK Jr.), what would they have been like? If so many 1983 games hadn't been rushed out? Even I managed to design a better-looking mushroom for CV Centipede.

What if they got it right with Omega Race (even the Vic-20 did), and Space Fury? Victory? Mr. Do!?

What would the 5200 Pac-Man have looked like? Joust? Vanguard?

Look at the homebrews. Most use 32K on the ColecoVision. Maybe have a look at the demos of homebrews at http://www.colecovision.eu.

Philipp