IGNORED

For those of you with bad eyes, this is PAL!

CPUWIZ

Did most of these carts in the later years have NTSC or PAL on the boxes by any chance?

Only the ones from Canada.

Yep cause if it wasn't for French Quebec having a strong following for the charcters from France I doubt it would have got an NTSC release at all. The port of montreal has brought us many goodies up here in the GWN.

For those of us who have decent enough eyes but are relatively new to the label collecting end of the hobby, how can you tell, exactly?
the "P" on the end label stands for PAL. The "N" on CPUWIZ's box stands for NTSC.

Note also that CPUWIZ's box doesn't have the five language text just below the big "ATARI 2600".

Edited by A.J. Franzman

But... not all 'p's on the end label or whatnot mean PAL... right?

I just recently found out about these, though I have never seen one in person:

'P' on the end label... yet NTSC

Speaking of, how do you access the label variants pages like these? I simply clicked on a link in my database and it went there, I didn't know they existed though.

Speaking of, how do you access the label variants pages like these? I simply clicked on a link in my database and it went there, I didn't know they existed though.

Yes, some NTSC end labels have a "P" on them by mistake. I've seen that mostly with Atari Corps (big surprise there). I own a couple myself. In general "P" on the end label is PAL only.

Did any of you folks from the states every read Asterix comics? I read a few as a kid. I got those from the library when they were out of TinTin books.

I did! I love them. I actually own all of the original series in French (not original release, though) even though I don't speak French. Someday I'll kidnap some poor Frenchman and make him translate for me. They're my favorite comics in any language.

For those of us who have decent enough eyes but are relatively new to the label collecting end of the hobby, how can you tell, exactly?
the "P" on the end label stands for PAL. The "N" on CPUWIZ's box stands for NTSC.

Note also that CPUWIZ's box doesn't have the five language text just below the big "ATARI 2600".

Neither does the PAL box! Boxes are identical except for the N sticker. The languages are on back. ;) But for the auction above the manual is show with the multi languages on it, which if CPU ever decides to open his and find out, he would have exactly the same thing.

Yes, some NTSC end labels have a "P" on them by mistake. I've seen that mostly with Atari Corps (big surprise there). I own a couple myself. In general "P" on the end label is PAL only.

I see!

I almost added those to my 'needed' list. However, I don't want to end up with a bunch of PAL carts by accident, so I'll more than likely pass on those unless I find them locally or something.