IGNORED

ianoid's sh!tlist of traders/sellers

ianoid

Here is some flagrant slandering of sellers on the internets. I'll be happy to edit if anyone rectifies with me, of course. Everyone here knows I'm a stand up guy, so there should be no question of my credibility.

David Kaplish AKA dkaplish AKA TONYA AKA Tonya Kaplish AKA dkap01 on eBay - seller of awesome portables that are vacuum formed. I saw some at CGE a few years back, talked to him. He's a really nice guy with a nice family. Surprising that he would stick me out of over $700. See also

Petro Derix AKA retrogames@home.nl from Holland - we did a trade, he sent me a bunch of SMS in like 5 envelopes to save money. One envelope was empty because it was not properly sealed. Several others were received open. Never replied to emails. Total loss approx $40.

West1255 on eBay AKA Simon P Waterhouse from Australia AKA beachbeat73@hotmail.com - bought one game from him on eBay (desirable Sega Rally for n-gage) and then worked out a side deal for another 15 games he had 'in stock'. No replies, never received games. Total loss: $150. This guy's feedback profile is a neg farm.

Off the list, worthy of commentary:

Jesse Mesa Savage AKA Tablebeast on ebay (NARU) I had problems with this guy not holding up his end of a trade, and although it took 3 years for him to rectify, he sent me a nice modded SK-1 recently. Thanks for taking care of me Jesse!

Desperately seeking:

Thomas Keller: former proprietor of dreamcast history. He has a few prototypes loaned to him by a prominent member of the videogame collecting community that I basically bought the ownership rights to. If I can find him. The upshot is, he owes me three GDRs, one of which is unreleased.

This is basically from the last 3 years, no so bad, eh? The Kaplish one is the worst. His stuff is like candy. I'm far from the only one who paid and never received the goods. Maybe I'll file a police report, like the guy on neo-geo.com

ian

Edited by ianoid

In 2006 I bought an expensive (100$) Atari game from ebay. After 6 weeks of waiting I asked the seller if he had shipped it. He said that he has shipped it twice because the first time it came back to him because he sent it to the wrong adress. Another 6 weeks later I wrote him that I knew some russian friends who live around his area and that they could help him to ship the item correctly.

I got my game 6 days later................. ;)

You are right. I went to that Kaplish's website. That is eye candy and I want one of each of what he sells. Shame I can never get one.

Sorry to hear about all your troubles with him. I went to read the other forum. I like reading the stories.. not about the scamming, but about what people are doing and contacting police.

I bought an mp3 player off eBay once. Turned out it was stolen. I Googled this guy and found information about robberies in Pennsylvania related to him in the past.

Edited by yuppicide

• 3 months later...
David Kaplish AKA dkaplish AKA TONYA AKA Tonya Kaplish AKA dkap01 on eBay - seller of awesome portables that are vacuum formed. I saw some at CGE a few years back, talked to him. He's a really nice guy with a nice family. Surprising that he would stick me out of over $700.

I sent him my Portable Jaguar to get fixed and I have never heard back, this was Nov 2006... $550 down the drain