IGNORED

Having problems with making gameplay videos for Youtube.

Ross PK

I'm using the Atari 800 Win Plus 4.0 emulator.

I've tried saving a video on the emulator using all the options of different video saves it gives you. These videos however do not come out right on Windows Movie Maker.

I've also tried converting these videos into all types of video formats with a video converter, but still they don't work properly on Windows Movie Maker (it's not always exactly the same problem with every video)

Now the strange thing is, is that it DID work a long time ago.

Can anyone help? I just want to make some gameplay videos, edit them a little and narrate over them and put them on Youtube.

Thanks.

Edited by Ross PK

Install the Divx or XVid codec.

Divx is easier to use although XVid gives slightly better results at the same bitrates.

Then select the Codec from the dialog box and configure it.

You'll probably want a bitrate around 400 or more, Progressive video, and you can even resize if you want it to - although that's pretty pointless for YouTube stuff.

Install the Divx or XVid codec.

Divx is easier to use although XVid gives slightly better results at the same bitrates.

Then select the Codec from the dialog box and configure it.

You'll probably want a bitrate around 400 or more, Progressive video, and you can even resize if you want it to - although that's pretty pointless for YouTube stuff.

I've just installed Divx but I still can't get the videos to work. :(

Edited by Ross PK

If you are just processing video files and do not need much in the way of editing capabilities would use virtual dub:

http://www.virtualdub.org/

Windows Movie Maker is really not very good. I know it's free but it has its problems. Its not even frame accurate. I had it crap out on one of my PCs and they only way to fix it was to reinstall XP! It sounds like you may be having a similar experience.

You might want to look at Pinnacle Video Spin. Its a great freeware video editor. Actually, the Pinnacle codecs have a trial period but the editor will keep working without limitation and it will work with any codec on your PC. It also has built in functionality to encode and upload to youtube.

http://www.videospin.com/

Edited by puppetmark

Thanks guys. I've actually got it to work now, it seems that because of downloading Divx WMM doesn't crash anymore.

If anyone is interested in the video, here it is. It's about the game NYC The Big Apple, http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RyU2JDS1T6E

Nice work. I really like how you introduced the game and showed how the game was packaged. The footage from the emulator looks great.

Thanks guys. I've actually got it to work now, it seems that because of downloading Divx WMM doesn't crash anymore.

If anyone is interested in the video, here it is. It's about the game NYC The Big Apple, http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RyU2JDS1T6E

Nice work. I really like how you introduced the game and showed how the game was packaged. The footage from the emulator looks great.

Yeah, I like things to be in depth. I know I find things more interesting that way anyway.

Would've shown the packaging for longer and would've shown the print on the inlay more close up so it could be read, but since there's a 10 minute limit on Youtube vids and the gameplay footage already ran for about 8 and a half minutes, I just had to squeeze in what I could.

Look out for more.

Edited by Ross PK