IGNORED

WOW, thats 1 expensive repro!

Phantom

I don't think you understand, the insides of that cart are gonna be a total mess as your seller doesn't have parker pcb's to make his games with hense why he negated to post pics of the insides.

Are you saying that because they weren't bought from you (or whoever people around here use) that they don't exist? PCB's aren't really hard to fabricate or acquire. Sunstone still has the Parker Brothers 2600 PCB sheets if you call and ask them. I could break apart one of my copies of Spiderman and do it myself, if I cared to take the time to tape up and etch a board.

no, no. I wasn't trying to upset you I was just refering to there only being one place to get the parker boards that is known of by some and I know for a fact that atarimaster26 is not welcome to get any of them cause he's been a total prick job to that person who gets them made. If your happy with your purchase thats all that matters but I really, really suggesyt you don't take it apart as it might be difficult to get it back together if it doesn't break while you take it apart in the first place.

You're right I was a bit touchy. But I'll take your advice and not open it.

Update:

The cartridge has no program inside, and a supercommon I ordered with it, Midnight Magic, was also not real.

Total scumbag, am filing dispute with Paypal.

Which is real sad, because if the idiot had done at least a passable job of it, almost everyone on the Boba Fett Fan Club Boards woulda bought a copy at his prices.

WTF? A fake Midnight Magic? Does the Ewok cart rattle?

No, no rattling. I'm not surprised as there's a big ugly sloppy glop of glue everywhere.

And yes. A fake MIDNIGHT MAGIC. A supercommon cart I just threw onto the order because I kinda thought it would be nice to have for another buck.

Could it have been the chihuahuas? Little dogs tend to chew on everything.

I thought I was just buying the copy _he_ bought from someone else, only for a few extra dollars. Instead I got... well, chihuahua poop. And seriously, scammed me on a Midnight Magic cart also? Still can't believe that. I'm glad I did it over Paypal, lol. I might lose the dispute fee, but something can get done.

Wouldn't be laughable to me especially if you spent any money on it. Hope you didn't spend anything like the price he got on ebay.

Dropped a hundred on it. That's why I instantly filed dispute with PAypal. The midnight Magic cart I ordered form the same seller is also a fake. The case has been mangled so badly there's holes in places there shouldn't be and it doesn't actually fit into a 2600.

Wouldn't be laughable to me especially if you spent any money on it. Hope you didn't spend anything like the price he got on ebay.

Dropped a hundred on it. That's why I instantly filed dispute with PAypal. The midnight Magic cart I ordered form the same seller is also a fake. The case has been mangled so badly there's holes in places there shouldn't be and it doesn't actually fit into a 2600.

Not that one can "fake" a reproduction cart per se, since there was no real PArker Brothers release, but I at least expected a WORKING CART for a C-bill.

I have contacted him and will do my best to make sure a refund is given for this purchase. I agree with how the buyer handled this as it was a steep purchase. I went and looked at their Ebay feedback and saw they (atarimaster) had some positive feedback from other buyers of this same cartridge. Any chance it could have just been a faulty hack job on this one particular cart?

You mean both carts?

No, that Midnight Magic was definitely f'ed up. It even looked strange in the photo on the auction. Two big holes in the corners and stripped off label. Not sure what was going on there :? Definitely refund material. If a refund isn't given for this in a timely fashion they may be the first member kicked of the swift moving Chuckwagon. Paints a great picture doesn't it :)

Edited by Parrothead

I have contacted him and will do my best to make sure a refund is given for this purchase. I agree with how the buyer handled this as it was a steep purchase. I went and looked at their Ebay feedback and saw they (atarimaster) had some positive feedback from other buyers of this same cartridge. Any chance it could have just been a faulty hack job on this one particular cart?

Well, as discussed, it's the Midnight Magic cart that set me into "high alert" mode.

This is the sort of thing why I prefer dealing with places like CTC instead of Ebay. Even if somehow this never got resolved, places that aren't huge businesses are better at keeping the scammer from doing it to more then one person. On Ebay, this would just be "Transaction #23455" and nobody who speaks English would actually be handling any part of it. It's like the difference between Wal-Mart and the local family-owned store.

If you want one that actually works and itsn't held together with duct tape, PM me. Someone asked me to make him one this weekend and I figured I'd make two.

One small flaw, due to the fact that many Parker cases are impossible to open, I destroyed at least two of them. :x

:)

Ewok0.jpg

Ewok1.jpg

Just got home and heard about all this.

My wife practically wanted me to fly down and rip his heart out and hand it to him over this. Lol.

Woman scorned.. and a Star Wars fan. Bad people to tick off. She's also not kidding, the Midnight MAgic is some weird cobble of parts, and the Ewok has glue all over. She's not just retarded, either. I tested both in all 3 of my ataris. Not a single success. The Ewok one did.. something.. on a 7800, but a game sure didn't come up.

Sending the stuff back Monday per refund agreement. In the future I'll only buy from proven reputable sources.

Glad I used Paypal.

Is the seller refunding you directly? Did he contact you?

My wife showed me the e-mail, he gave some excuse about them working as advertised or something, but agreed to refund after the games are sent back..

I'm going to send them with that arrival receipt thing the post office does. Though she is more livid then this calls for, I can't help but smell something fishy from the seller as well. A bogus Midnight Magic? Come on. What was he thinking?

(Yes, we're both using the same message board account over here). Her friends on the BFFC were really eager about this. While people talk a good game and when ante up comes they tend to duck out, I'm sure it could have resulted in 1 or 2 more sales.

Hopefully he will refund you and not just refund through the paypal dispute. Then it would cost you 25 of the refund to return the games.

Not if it's resolved prior to mediation.

See I wasn't being a dink. I was giving fair warning :).

@mike: You really need to ban those 2 bums from selling on CTCW (atarimaster26 & spudsatarigames).

Edited by Shawn Sr.