IGNORED

Complete US Turbografx Collection

jboypacman

$2000 realistic?

Boxed Magical Chase, Dynastic Hero, Might and Magic III, Terraforming, Y's III, Bonk III (both versions), I'm already close to $2000 just for those unless that listing does not include Duo games.

As a lot, one would never expect to command the kind of prices that a collection would be valued if sold as single items. Sure those titles are in the hundreds each, but how many people would buy every game to "start" a collection. Most people don't wake up one day and say "I've got $5K and never did buy even Keith Courage... I'll be shopping for a complete set today. There is no doubt that they could get more than $2000 parting it out, but it is likely that anyone who would want it, would already have a collection of their own started. Fact is the kind of person looking for this already has a collection, OR wants to resell for a profit. I bought Eric's collection for $1500 and had over 100 duplicates to sell off (it was a ton of work and wasn't profitable, though many of his were better than mine, and it did enhance my overall set and fill holes, but I don't think it was less work than buying one at a time.) I hate to even think about having to do it again, BUT... for those very specific titles the extra work would be worth it. I'd rather see the seller part it out themselves and make the money, so the people looking for those select few can get them.

AX

$2000 realistic?

Boxed Magical Chase, Dynastic Hero, Might and Magic III, Terraforming, Y's III, Bonk III (both versions), I'm already close to $2000 just for those unless that listing does not include Duo games.

As a lot, one would never expect to command the kind of prices that a collection would be valued if sold as single items. Sure those titles are in the hundreds each, but how many people would buy every game to "start" a collection. Most people don't wake up one day and say "I've got $5K and never did buy even Keith Courage... I'll be shopping for a complete set today. There is no doubt that they could get more than $2000 parting it out, but it is likely that anyone who would want it, would already have a collection of their own started. Fact is the kind of person looking for this already has a collection, OR wants to resell for a profit. I bought Eric's collection for $1500 and had over 100 duplicates to sell off (it was a ton of work and wasn't profitable, though many of his were better than mine, and it did enhance my overall set and fill holes, but I don't think it was less work than buying one at a time.) I hate to even think about having to do it again, BUT... for those very specific titles the extra work would be worth it. I'd rather see the seller part it out themselves and make the money, so the people looking for those select few can get them.

AX

If it was "worth" the price, it would sell instantly because resellers have the funds to grab them and piece them out. You're right, that is what a person is buying it for, but you are comparing apples to oranges. I don't think you bought almost 100 sealed TG games for $1500 from Eric, and that's what makes this auction a big deal, is the outer boxes and sealed games he has in general.

When I saw the title I was thinking that it would go for about $3,500. I guess prices have gone up since I collected TG-16 stuff.

Tempest

Isn't this the same guy who bought the same collection on Ebay like a year or so ago for $10K? I think his user ID is the same. Turbo prices for sealed items have gone way up in the last couple of years, particularly as TZD shut down and the sources of sealed games are pretty much Ebay or nothing right now. As hard as it is for me to say, $6K for that collection doesn't seem that bad.