IGNORED

Question about 2-Port 5200

JohnnyBlaze

I just bought a 2-port 5200(with controller that ACTUALLY WORKS!!!!) from Digital Press in Clifton. Anyways, I understand that some but not all 2-port 5200 are incompatible with Pitfall and Mountain King.

Is there an easy way to figure out if my system is one of the ones that can or cannot play these games? Plus, are there any other games that have trouble working on the 2-port 5200?

Krazy Shootout is the other game that has problems with the 2port BIOS. You pretty much have two ways of checking it. Try to play one of the three non-compatible games or open it up and check the model number of the BIOS.

Mitch

If you haven't got any of those games, I'd expect the DP store would be happy to let you bring your system in, and test it with one of their copies of the games, assuming they've got those games on-hand. (Obviously I can't speak for them, of course.)

OR, if you ever go to the NAVA meets, PM or email me prior to the next one you plan to attend. I usually go to the gatherings, and I'll bring along my 5200 multicart and let you use it to test your system.