IGNORED

Yars Halloween Costume - freaky

JustJeff2

I am curious, why do you think you are "cool" for harvesting pictures, seriously? :?

some of us like looking at the pictures, keep up the good work ROM!

i don't know on the issue if he thinks he cool or not, but i think he's doing a great job for our community! :thumbsup:

Rick

Speaking of harvesting picture, here are the pictures from those E-bay auctions. (For those that read this thread months from now)

Mannn... if the costumes had the body of the characters rather than a picture of the box art I might buy them.

The Asteriods one is just ... interesting. :D

post-4709-1216645081_thumb.jpg

post-4709-1216645089_thumb.jpg

post-4709-1216645094_thumb.jpg

post-4709-1216645100_thumb.jpg

Edited by doctorclu

Wow! I do remember those. The smell from those plastic masks would have you feeling a little loopy by the time your 'trick or treating' was over.

Not to mention the vinyl outift , guaranteed to burn calories while you go from door to door!

I am curious, why do you think you are "cool" for harvesting pictures, seriously? :?

he IS cool ... for putting in a lot of work in a website that is not even his site! this is by far one of the most complete documentation about the atari, and obviously not intended to generate cash, but a great free service to the whole worldwide atari community!

so i think there is absolutely nothing wrong with it!

plus he is usually asking every single person to provide better scans! so it's not like he is strictly harvesting pictures ...

most of us collectors are "harvesting pictures" on our drives, wheter it for simply reminding us of certain items, or to have an overview, or whatever else.

if you don't want your pictures to be re-used, then put yourself in the picture as well, just like on those old activision highscore polaroids! :D

Edited by jahfish

Ah, I see.

That silly sunglass smiley has become my personal signature.

I don't like using emoticons.

The only one I always sign my post with is the sunglass smiley.

It has nothing to do with the written post or being cool --> :cool:

It's just a habit.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

No no no, it's not the effort, it is the stupid 8) emoticon he puts in every single friggin post.

oh that's what u mean ... what a shame! i was hoping that we're now gonna see your face on each picture you'll be posting from now on! :D :P ;)

so the sunglasses ... that is just because Rom comes home from regular work everyday, then harvests and post pictures on atarimania for the rest of the night, has one hour of sleep .... and so he is completely unable to survive the next daylight period without wearing sunglasses ...

:grin:

Edited by jahfish

No no no, it's not the effort, it is the stupid 8) emoticon he puts in every single friggin post.

Its no more stupid than " QWORD Lover" :roll:

It's stupid to you, because you don't understand what it means. :P

Its no more stupid than " QWORD Lover" :roll:

It's stupid to you, because you don't understand what it means. :P

I didnt say it was stupid,i said it is no more stupid than roms sig and yes i do know what it means...

In fact i like roms cool smiley,i have no hang ups about it.

Edited by pangasinan

The Yars costume is mine now!!! Those pictures at the top which my good buddy "Rom Hunter" showed are my costumes and I thought Atari only came out with those 3 and now I find a Yars one, makes me wonder if there are any more out there?

:D :) :?

The Yars costume is mine now!!! Those pictures at the top which my good buddy "Rom Hunter" showed are my costumes and I thought Atari only came out with those 3 and now I find a Yars one, makes me wonder if there are any more out there?

I am jealous of you,i wish they were mine :D

i bet you don't know these here: :D

post-12-1216671943_thumb.jpg

post-12-1216671968_thumb.jpg

post-12-1216671986_thumb.jpg

Good, now maybe the next one won't be so expensive! :P I've only got the one for Centipede thus far.

I think that the Big Ten titles that Atari was pushing around the time that the costumes were made were:

Asteroids

Battlezone

Centipede

Haunted House

Missile Command

Star Raiders

Super Breakout

Tempest

Warlords

Yars' Revenge

and given that these variously have records, pencils, and cardboard posters et al associated with (some of) them, it makes sense that perhaps another costume might have been made, but I wouldn't expect many (or maybe even any) more.

Anyhow, here are some icons for Rom to consider:

post-5874-1216672020.gif

post-5874-1216671969.gif

post-5874-1216671981.gif

post-5874-1216671994.gif