IGNORED

Atari 800 Fault

spudmanno5

The xc12 has a pre connected SIO cable.

I know for a fact that the XC12 that Spud bought from me worked perfectly as I have checked about 50 cassette games on it recently.

hi

yeah i remember you telling me it was 100% working. did you getting any static on the screen? cos when i use it on mine i get a lot of it, so much that it looks like the tv is out of tune? did you get any humming also or any other interfearance?

regards

I know for a fact that the XC12 that Spud bought from me worked perfectly as I have checked about 50 cassette games on it recently.

hi

yeah i remember you telling me it was 100% working. did you getting any static on the screen? cos when i use it on mine i get a lot of it, so much that it looks like the tv is out of tune? did you get any humming also or any other interfearance?

regards

No, no problems at all with it, I won't sell anything that I am not 100% sure of.

if you are not happy I will take it back

hi

regards

No, no problems at all with it, I won't sell anything that I am not 100% sure of.

if you are not happy I will take it back

nah thats ok.

update i received the atari 1010 recorder today and it was a tale of 2 halves.

1) the good news is i dont get any humming when i plud the cable/recorder in and also when i press play (after i do the full load procedure)

2) the bad news is the drive belts have totally worn making this recorder almost useless for the time being!

so what does this mean? does my machine lack power to power up the xc12 tape deck by itself? shame i cant do a full test with some games.

regards

Hi

If you're in the UK I have a stack of 1010s. I'd be happy to dig one out, test it and send it to you if you would pay the shipping. I'm guessing you have SIO cables / PSU for the 1010 so postage shouldn't be too bad. That way at least you'd have a known good 1010 to test with.

Let me know.

Paul

• 4 weeks later...
hi

just an update here. still no tape recorder but i have now tried some carts. and the system seems to be ok with them.

cheers

Hey there,

I recently purchased a 130XE which came with a XC12 Tape deck and can confirm that my XC12 unit also gives off noise interference and can have issues loading tapes as a result. This never ever occurred with the 1010 Tape deck I owned until the buttons broke and I dumped it. Silly me.

In testing I have found that if I press play on the tape deck before powering on the 130XE the noise issue is far more common than if I press play after powering up. Dont know if thats the case for you or whether I've not used it enough yet to disprove that theory but I am getting a 1050 & 810 disk drive unit soon so tapes will be a thing of the past anyway.

If I were you I'd probably just get a 1010.

hi

some good news. finally got the 1010 recorder and gave it a run out. the humming noise is still there a tiiny bit when you turn the volume way up (when you do the procedures before). a huge improvement!!! :) i will try and get hold of that chip and a proper atari psu (as my current one seems to be making a pretty loud noise now! lol )

cheers