IGNORED

Over 500 items listed - make an offer!

What do you think McGrail's most overpriced game is? So many to choose from, but I think I'd have to pick:

$25 for the loose '87 Galaxian, followed closely by $50 for the Panda Sea Hawk with the label ripped off, then the $120 Cosmic Swarm he got for $20 with the box all scuffed up even though you can't really tell that from his listing photo.

What do you think McGrail's most overpriced game is? So many to choose from, but I think I'd have to pick:

$25 for the loose '87 Galaxian, followed closely by $50 for the Panda Sea Hawk with the label ripped off, then the $120 Cosmic Swarm he got for $20 with the box all scuffed up even though you can't really tell that from his listing photo.

I do agree his stuff is extremely overpriced, but I do have to admit he is getting some crazy prices for these games. At the moment there are two collectors who are spending a huge amount on games they don't have. So much so that they are doubling and tripling price records. It seems that most of his business from Atari 2600 seems to be coming from these two customers

Hands down if your looking for the most overpriced (and slap in the face to the cause) it's gotta be the give away 5200 Xmas cart from the Secret Santa for Chicky & Z28 that is listed at $99.99. That made me puke in my mouth for real.

To those of you who think McGrail's posted prices are too high (and I generally agree): Ever tried making him an offer?

'Cuz I have and I've found him to be generally quite a reasonable fellow.

Go look at his completed listings and you'll see that he often accepts offers that are considerably less than his listed prices.

And although his prices are high, he's a great seller -- packs well, good communication, quick shipping, etc. I'd rather pay him a little extra than get a bargain from a slimeball and end up with a big hassle and/or no goods.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Captain Beard

Hi guys:

I also feel that McGrail is a fantastic seller. He offers great products at a great price.

To criticize him without making a offer (which he generally does take into consideration 100% of the time) is simply mind-boggling to me.

I never had a problem with McGrail when he sold me a large lot of Atari systems. He even delayed the shipping until I was ready to make room for them.

Great offer price for the systems

Anthony....

P.S.: But that's just how a feel.

I never had a problem with McGrail when he sold me a large lot of Atari systems. He even delayed the shipping until I was ready to make room for them.

Oh dont get me wrong I deal with HolyGrail and have so for years. Doesn't mean we have to agree on everything. I mean I doubt he agree's with me on everything either. If we all agreed on everything it would be a pretty bland world.

and once again, another innocuous thread falls to the "he's a dirty reseller"/"hey, he's just trying to make a living" argument......

I've bought from and sold to McGrail on several occasions, and he's a-ok with me. If the guy can make a decent living selling video games, he's living the dream in my book. Now if you'll all excuse me, I need to get to bed so I can deal with my corporate malaise tomorrow.....

and once again, another innocuous thread falls to the "he's a dirty reseller"/"hey, he's just trying to make a living" argument......

I've bought from and sold to McGrail on several occasions, and he's a-ok with me. If the guy can make a decent living selling video games, he's living the dream in my book. Now if you'll all excuse me, I need to get to bed so I can deal with my corporate malaise tomorrow.....

The only real crazy shit is the homebrews that are priced daily to people "in the know" for $30 being resold for $100+ to folks that obviously just don't know better.

Thank you for all of you with kind words. Pant Load just has his panties in a bunch because I out worked him on a boxed lot.

For those of you who have not taken a look a my store I have a number of games priced at under $10. For the most part at the time of listing I have tried to have the lowest listed price for the same items listed in other stores.

Edited by holygrailvideogames.com

Thank you for all of you with kind words. Pant Load just has his panties in a bunch because I out worked him on a boxed lot.

For those of you who have not taken a look a my store I have a number of games priced at under $10. For the most part at the time of listing I have tried to have the lowest listed price for the same items listed in other stores.

Actually, I think I've been pretty consistently against resellers lurking in a collectors forum, and especially against you and your "Check out my listings!" spam every week for the past 4+ years. Has nothing to do with that boxed lot you snaked from me and sold at an exponential profit to a lot of AtariAge members here. I think I still do have that email from you where you talk about how you're "more educated than 99% of Atari collectors." though.

Actually, I think I've been pretty consistently against resellers lurking in a collectors forum...

In the Marketplace? Linking to auctions in Auction Central?

That's like saying band members shouldn't be able to post gig notices in Hype Exchanges, doncha think?

No it's more like Guitar Scalpers lurking in Hype Exchanges looking for bands selling there equipment dirt cheap cause they need cash to get on the road to gigs and the band ends up using Peavy cause they sell the Fender's to get to the show. Then his Fender is for sale for triple the price the next day after he gets back from the gig.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Actually, I think I've been pretty consistently against resellers lurking in a collectors forum...

That's like saying band members shouldn't be able to post gig notices in Hype Exchanges, doncha think?

No it's more like Guitar Scalpers lurking in Hype Exchanges looking for bands selling there equipment dirt cheap cause they need cash to get on the road to gigs and the band ends up using Peavy cause they sell the Fender's to get to the show. Then his Fender is for sale for triple the price the next day after he gets back from the gig.

Hell, what happenes next to the band??

Hell, what happenes next to the band??

They have to sell their amps... and then the van.

They end up with only a crumb of pot in their pockets???? :-o