IGNORED

No more atari.online.pl!

Yes, this is true. Because of problems with my internet provider I decided to change place for our webpage. We've bought new domain atarionline.pl (without dot between words "atari" and "online") and we set a new server. All problems we had last months have gone! :) Moreover we will get access to high speed wire (34 mbits) next month.

Please update your link, shorcuts, etc to our webpage - atarionline.pl instead of atari.online.pl. Report if you found some bugs in our internal links.

PS. Question to Atari Age forum administrator - could you change my login from "Kaz atari.online.pl" to "Kaz atarionline.pl"? Thanks a lot.

Yes, this is true. Because of problems with my internet provider I decided to change place for our webpage. We've bought new domain atarionline.pl (without dot between words "atari" and "online") and we set a new server. All problems we had last months have gone! :) Moreover we will get access to high speed wire (34 mbits) next month.

Please update your link, shorcuts, etc to our webpage - atarionline.pl instead of atari.online.pl. Report if you found some bugs in our internal links.

PS. Question to Atari Age forum administrator - could you change my login from "Kaz atari.online.pl" to "Kaz atarionline.pl"? Thanks a lot.

Still in polish :ponder:

Hello Kaz

Well done for at least gettinghe website back online

May I make a suggestion though (although I guess you’ve heard this a million, million times already)

Would it not be possible to have a ‘translate to’ option/tab on your website so that non polish Atari (and non Atari) peeps can enjoy your website’s content

I only bring that up as I am sure you know and realise, the Atari fan/user base diminishes everyday that passes and you don’t want to alienate potentially 100’s or 1000’s of existing/new Atari fans just because your website only caters for polish Atari fans

Whilst I realise it does cost money and time to do this bit of extra work, think of the long term benefits….more people and more contributors coming to your website

Just my 2p’s worth

Edited by carmel_andrews

Send a PM to Albert about this and he should be able to help you.

Would it not be possible to have a ‘translate to’ option/tab on your website so that non polish Atari (and non Atari) peeps can enjoy your website’s content

Agreed.

You just need to bookmark the site via Google translate Carmel

(...) (although I guess you’ve heard this a million, million times already)

No, I heard this only 43 times :) and... I agree. I would like to make atarionline.pl friendly for English-speaking people and I'm just working on it. You can see that atarionline.pl test forum (Forum Atarum) has categories named in Polish and English simultanously and regulations, I hope, will foster English speaking user (for example: if you will ask something in English, I will translate to Polish to get answer from more people). Don't expect too much, but I'll do my best to build bridges beetwen our communities. It is good idea to put links to Google or Altavista translator for all news. If you have more suggestion let me know.

Thanks to everyone for comments.

Edited by Kaz atari.online.pl

Did try Tezz's suggestion....It only translates some words, i guess either google is cack or CRAP at translating polish or Kaz and his friends are deliberately miss-spelling some words or Kaz and his friends are using 'polish slang' i would guess google wouldn't be able to translate in a million years

Additionally Kaz...I seem to recall that your software archive (the games part) is also mirrored on Rohar's part of the pigwa net ftp site...can you tell me if the full zip version of the games etc on your site is the same version that is on rohar's part of pigwa net (and what version date it is)

the last one i have (from rohar) is a 2 part file the first part, largest file... is games only and the second file,i smallest file... is a collection of utilities o/s bios's and also shematics/files for mod's and upgrades etc

lastly...Are you (Kaz) and rohar one of the same or different people

Edited by carmel_andrews