IGNORED

Pitfall!

walter_J64bit

Wasn't Pitfall! the game that the 5200's Bios need to switched so it can be played?

From what i heard that only earlyer 2 ports had that the problem playing Pitfall but if you have a later console the problem is fix.

Good Luck!

It's the other way around. The 4port and early 2ports have the original BIOS which works with Pitfall. The later 2ports have the revised BIOS which is incompatible with Pitfall.

Mitch

Wasn't Pitfall! the game that the 5200's Bios need to switched so it can be played?

From what i heard that only earlyer 2 ports had that the problem playing Pitfall but if you have a later console the problem is fix.

Good Luck!

It's the other way around. The 4port and early 2ports have the original BIOS which works with Pitfall. The later 2ports have the revised BIOS which is incompatible with Pitfall.

Mitch

Cool I have two dead 5200 one a 2 port and other a 4 port.

If you happen to have a flash cartridge, there is a Pitfall! hack floating around that fixes the BIOS incompatibility.

K-Razy Shoot-Out also had this problem, and there is also a hacked fix for it.

Ok, I don't know about K-Razy Shoot-Out not running on the incompatibility BIOS. It's big thing to switch out the BIOS I have to get inside the 5200 anyway I have to install my video mod.

You what with me having access to two other 5200 BIOS's not a one them work with Pitfall! :roll: does any one here have the right BIOS chip or can any one burn a chip with the right BIOS for me?

So both of them have the model number CO19156A? The 4port BIOS shouldn't have the A at the end, if it does then that's one weird 4port.

Mitch

Good Luck!

Mitch

Thanks for the info. I guess i had it backwords..Thats why i got a 4 ports it plays all of the games!

You what with me having access to two other 5200 BIOS's not a one them work with Pitfall! :roll: does any one here have the right BIOS chip or can any one burn a chip with the right BIOS for me?

So both of them have the model number CO19156A? The 4port BIOS shouldn't have the A at the end, if it does then that's one weird 4port.

Mitch

All 3 BIOS don't have the "A" at the end of number two of them just have # CO19156-05 and the other is CO19156-08.