IGNORED

Bad Packaging Again!

Ikrananka

What is really sad is that sweet fathom box was crushed :(

man it looked good.

I've been after a boxed Fathom in near-new condition for many years. On the few occasions they have come up on eBay I was always outbid. I was delighted when I won this auction and was really looking forward to displaying the game box alongside all of my other as-new Imagic CV game boxes - Fathom being the last one I needed. Now with the crushed Fathom box I received it just doesn't look or feel right and I've got to resist the urge to bid on another if it ever comes up.

$13 for shipping? The auction showed $5.35 for me. Did he charge you more?

That box did look new. I still can not believe people send things in paper/bubble mailers. I look at the type of seller in order to rate the type of packing they will use. If they mostly sell vintage video games, they should know how to pack. I would get an email from the seller defining how they are going to package it before bidding and paying, after is too late.

In any case, I would start on the CC dispute before the 60 days are up. Do not wait because you do not have time. If you wait until after 60 to start a dispute, they most likely wont help you.

Edited by Almost Rice

What is really sad is that sweet fathom box was crushed :(

man it looked good.

I've been after a boxed Fathom in near-new condition for many years. On the few occasions they have come up on eBay I was always outbid. I was delighted when I won this auction and was really looking forward to displaying the game box alongside all of my other as-new Imagic CV game boxes - Fathom being the last one I needed. Now with the crushed Fathom box I received it just doesn't look or feel right and I've got to resist the urge to bid on another if it ever comes up.

do you have a picture of your colecovision boxed games I would love to see it.

I would have thought that for a major purchase such as this, you would have checked out his feedback before buying it.

JY

I dunno about that...

I 'won'

THIS batch of stuff a little bit ago.

Seller has 100% positive feedback, over 1000 ratings.

I paid $70 shipping, the stuff shows up in one small box, all the hardware piled ON TOP of the floppy disks (which were in ziploc bags)

Total amount of packing material, 4 12" square pieces of bubble wrap (the m&m sized bubbles), $48 parcel post.

Everything was supposed to be working (except a 410.)

The 130XE is DOA (looks like a dead Freddie chip)

The XF551 was in 2 pieces, no screws holding it together, also DOA. It has 1/2 of the CSS dual drive mod installed (the EPROM is installed on the board, but the hardware part was in a ziploc bag in the bottom of the box. Definitely appears to have been installed in the drive, then hastily removed)

So, despite collecting $70 for shipping, the packing is atrocious. The DOA stuff was obviously pre-existing (ie, seller lied)

Seller has ignored all my emails (imagine that) and is 7 days from a big fat NEG and anything bad I can fit in 80 characters.

I'd do a paypal dispute or chargeback, but the rest of the stuff is intact, and I want to keep it (Rana 1000, 800XL with a RAMBO upgrade)

Can't judge by feedback alone!

Edited by poobah

This is why I stopped buying from ebay a long time ago.

Tempest

Cool, less competition means lower prices for the rest of us!

Seriously, though, eBay is still the only game in town for some collectibles.

Atari (and other) retrogamers are lucky to have a thriving community, active forums, and now CTCW.

F'rinstance, my handheld game collection would be nothing if not for eBay...

$13 for shipping? The auction showed $5.35 for me. Did he charge you more?

That box did look new. I still can not believe people send things in paper/bubble mailers. I look at the type of seller in order to rate the type of packing they will use. If they mostly sell vintage video games, they should know how to pack. I would get an email from the seller defining how they are going to package it before bidding and paying, after is too late.

In any case, I would start on the CC dispute before the 60 days are up. Do not wait because you do not have time. If you wait until after 60 to start a dispute, they most likely wont help you.

I live in Canada and so he quoted me the $13 for shipping - having asked him to package it in a sturdy box I took the high shipping to mean he had acknowledged my request. BTW the first class mail cost him $2.14.

I did check his feedback - percentage wise he had pretty good feedback and the negs all seemed to be about not receiving the goods paid for - nothing about bad packaging. Boxed CV Fathoms in near mint condition are a rare item and unfortunately you can't choose who sells them. Yes I could have taken his negs as a warning and chosen not to bid but then it might have been another 5 years before I possibly saw and/or won one again. So yes I took a risk - and partially lost. Live and learn :)

I got home from work yesterday and the wife told me I had a package. There is a bubble mailer laying on the counter. What is inside? 4, yes 4, boxed games. Needless to say they were destroyed.

My sympathies - right get out there and dispute and neg the seller as hard as you can.

Some guys here can build boxes. There may be someone who knows how to repair yours. Maybe you could have a repro made so your collection looks nice, and file the original so that you know you have it.

Most of my boxed games have been purchased locally, or I've purchased the boxes here on AA. Matter of fact, I think I've made about three boxed game purchases on ebay. Out of 20 or so games, only two had their boxes crushed but that was stated in the auctions.

Heck, most of my collection has been purchased in the wild--I hardly ever have to resort to fleabay.