IGNORED

Visual batari Basic

yuppicide

I think the Visual batari Basic post where you can download it should be a sticky up top also. I always lose track of where it is and have to search.

There's a SpriteAnimator built in (that I have NO freakin clue how to use). I just keep pressing buttons and they do nothing.

Anyway, that having said, is there any plans to implement a sound editor into the program? That would be awesome!

Keep up the good work both of you (Fred and Jeff). I remember saying something like this should be possible. I said this back in the earlier 90's!

Yep, Visual bB is a great tool! It makes writing and compiling games much more comfortable and faster.

What i would like to see added to it is an editor for the score_graphics file.

If you wanna use the sprite animator you have to make a few sprites first and save them in your project folder.

Then just mark the ones you wanna use and press Animate. ;)

Edited by Impaler_26

I'm slowly working on an unofficial VbB page. I'll try to hurry up with it. Once you add a new sprite, open it from the project explorer and you can do all kinds of things. Be sure to check out the right click menu once you have the sprite in the editor. To draw a sprite, you can double click as you might be used to or highlight the pixel or pixels you want to change and hit the space bar.

I think the Visual batari Basic post where you can download it should be a sticky up top also. I always lose track of where it is and have to search.

There's a SpriteAnimator built in (that I have NO freakin clue how to use). I just keep pressing buttons and they do nothing.

Anyway, that having said, is there any plans to implement a sound editor into the program? That would be awesome!

Keep up the good work both of you (Fred and Jeff). I remember saying something like this should be possible. I said this back in the earlier 90's!

Thanks for the compliment. I had thought about a sound editor, but then again it's easier to just add Tone Toy as a project and launch it from emulation.

-Jeff

What i would like to see added to it is an editor for the score_graphics file.

That actually wouldn't be that hard. I might look into that next!

Thanks,

Jeff

That would be really nice! I also noticed that "set debug cyclescore" is not included or did i overlook it?

That would be really nice! I also noticed that "set debug cyclescore" is not included or did i overlook it?

That would be because I never knew it existed, but you can extend the commands area through right click->Add. I can put into future builds though!

-Jeff