IGNORED

Can any1 remember the way of getting in2 the secret area in Mountain King?

Ross PK

I remember there was one where you got into the spiders lair somehow and then you were able to enter the world which is underneath there. But now when I do it the area is just empty and he seems to fall forever.

*EDIT*

It's okay I've figured it out now, you just need to let him fall for long enough and he'll land on lot's of characters/graphics.

Edited by Ross PK

I remember there was one where you got into the spiders lair somehow and then you were able to enter the world which is underneath there. But now when I do it the area is just empty and he seems to fall forever.

*EDIT*

It's okay I've figured it out now, you just need to let him fall for long enough and he'll land on lot's of characters/graphics.

Sounds more like a program bug to me than a secret area... (-: He's likely falling into uninitialized memory... (-:

If anyone's interested I could upload a video of it onto Youtube, as it is hard to explain just with words on how to do it properly.

A lot of the 'blue' characters act like ladders, some of the orange characters are like flames, so they'll burn you, it seems like all of the orange chests will set you on fire, there's some of those green spiders down there also.

Edited by Ross PK

Interesting... so both the A8/5200 version and the 2600 version let you go outside the normal game area.

Not sure if other versions have the same glitch, but they do have another one that requires you to jump repeatedly in a certain part, you will then find an area with disappearing and reappearing ladders.

Here's what I've figured out...

You get on the little blue line over the right side of the spider's house. Stand halfway off the right edge and push down. If you're in the right position, you'll drop a couple of lines down into the wall. Now go left and if you're low enough, you'll fall down further and then you can exit the bottom of the level. You'll be standing on an invisible ledge under the floor. Go left or right and you'll fall. If you go to the left you'll attract the spider and you can see him run in mid air as you fall. If you go right then there's no spider.

When you get to the garbage (wonder where we are in memory at this point, maybe the beginning address of the game code) anything yellow will burn you and anything blue can be used as a ladder.

-Bry