IGNORED

Shipping time?

shadow460

Lately I have noticed that it takes longer for the ebay folks I buy from to ship items. I pay with money orders, so I know it's gonna be a few days between the time I drop my MO in the mail and the time my item is shipped. Heck, I don't mind it if the seller wants to let the MO clear first or if they wanna hit the post office once a week on, say, Friday. They just need to say it in the auction "I ship on Fridays," so we buyers know.

A movie I ordered took almost a month to arrive. I've got a memory card coming and it's been 7 days since I sent the payment, yet this morning a shipping label was finally printed.

Bear in mind that the feedback I leave will be based partly on your opinions. Should it be less than 7 or 8 days from the time a MO is sent to the time an item is shipped? I don't really know myself. Should I ding his feedback and DSR for slow shipping, or should I assume it's the normal shipping time and not jack up the feedback/DSR?

Shadow,

For the movie memory card, it doesn't seem like he is being a tortoise on your shipping. Figure 3 days for the mail to get your MO there and a day or two to cash the MO. It isn't super fast but maybe they do this as a side gig and have a 9-5 to deal with. But I am one to always give good ratings unless it is clear that the seller jacked around.

El

edited due to correct my post and spelling

Edited by Elw00d

Lately I have noticed that it takes longer for the ebay folks I buy from to ship items. I pay with money orders, so I know it's gonna be a few days between the time I drop my MO in the mail and the time my item is shipped. Heck, I don't mind it if the seller wants to let the MO clear first or if they wanna hit the post office once a week on, say, Friday. They just need to say it in the auction "I ship on Fridays," so we buyers know.

A movie I ordered took almost a month to arrive. I've got a memory card coming and it's been 7 days since I sent the payment, yet this morning a shipping label was finally printed.

Bear in mind that the feedback I leave will be based partly on your opinions. Should it be less than 7 or 8 days from the time a MO is sent to the time an item is shipped? I don't really know myself. Should I ding his feedback and DSR for slow shipping, or should I assume it's the normal shipping time and not jack up the feedback/DSR?

Money Orders, are the worst way to buy on ebay.

I always use paypal. It can take a week or two longer to get a package,

if you use a money order.

And from what I have noticed most people "only" allow you to pay with paypal.

Edited by NESGremlin

When paying with money orders, bear in mind that the seller may get it in 2 days, or it can take MUCH longer. Not due to normal operation, but postal incompetence. That movie you said took a month...you never know, your letter may have arrived at its destination in three days. Unfortunately that destination may have been the right house number but the wrong street! Ultimately your seller didn't get it for an extra week because the accidental recipient waited that long to hand it back to the carrier.

Your best solution(s) are to either drop an email asking for the status, and/or get paypal. Any particular reason you don't use paypal? It's a win/win, since not only do you at least have much better recourse if there is a problem, but you'll know exactly when the seller has his money, which is the second you click "send".

It's usually about two weeks from the time I send a MO to the time the item arrives. With the label being printed yesterday, I assume that the memory card will arrive Monday or maybe Tuesday, which is about two weeks. Most of the time when I trade here on AtariAge, it's quite a bit faster. Even so, as long as it arrives by Tuesday or so, and in the "used" condition, all should be well. If not, then I'll try asking the seller what's up. I have the tracking info, for what it's worth.

I actually tried to get "ID verified" so that I could set up a seller account and a PayPal account. Unfortunately, whoever I spoke to didn't have correct answers to the "ID questions" or whatever they are called. They said that I didn't have the correct info. I am not going to link a PayPal account to my bank account, so I haven't considered giving them my account info. I have considered the buyer protection part, though. I've always eventually got my items when I purchase on ebay, but if that changes I will look more into buyer protection.

As for the movie I ordered, it was shipped slow, it was in a reused letter envelope with a small strip of bubble wrap on it. It has a lot of scratches on the casing, but it was advertised as mint. The seller refused to answer any of my emails. All of those combined were why I left negative feedback.

I bet he just didn't mark when the payment arrived and he probably wanted to ship several packages out on the same day. When mine arrives, it'll be like a mini-Christmas just like it always is!

The "memory card", which is actually a PocketStation Crystal (hey, it does hold game saves, so I didn't totally hoodwink anyone!), has arrived. It's in the condition described with a few light scratches and a dead battery. I got a new battery and it works great.

I left positive feedback with the highest DSR rankings. Thanks for ya'll's input!