IGNORED

Anyone know why this has gone so high?

Waterborn

I notice there is a greatest hits Final Fantasy VII and a original one as well. The greatest hits Final Fantasy VII usually will go for about $70 and the original one goes for $130. So right there you have $200 worth of games. And I am talking about the nonsealed versions. If final Fantasy VII is sealed it will go for over $1,000

Sheesh, I wish I would have bought up the inventory that the base had of FFVII. Greatest hits versions of FFVII were selling for $15.

Why did the game go up so high? Was it because of Advent Children and all the pre and post stories that Square is making?

A recent ebay search turned up FF7 in good condition going for under $50 again. Sorry, folks, but FF7 just is not worth very much anymore. The auction title says FF7 is sealed, but the case is cracked, so you have to remove the shrink wrap and the factory sticker to fix that.

I'd say that FF8 and Breath of Fire III are helping to boost the price. I've seen FF8 go for anywhere between $18 and $50, and I have yet to see Breath of Fire III for sale (not that I've looked). Most of the others are semi common in the wild around here, and would be sold for about $25.

On second thought, though, eight games x $25 each is about $200. To me, that GH FF7 is worth $10 (yes, I am serious), FF8 is worth $25, I'd be willing to pay up to $50 for Breath of Fire III (once again, no idea what it's worth), and I'd probably have stopped bidding at $100 because I'm not that interested in the other games.

BTW, yes, I have FF7 complete with the black label, the Brady guide and the Versus guide (with all that cool artwork), no, I am not selling them, and no, I don't care what they are worth! :)

EDIT: Based on another quick ebay search, I think I'd go as high as $50 for Breath of Fire III, maybe even $60.

Edited by shadow460

The only place where any sealed FF7 is worth $10 dollars is in your head I'm afraid.

To me, that GH FF7 is worth $10 (yes, I am serious),

I don't need a second copy of it, so I just don't see a need to spend a lot of money on one even if it is sealed. Besides, I just can't stand those green Greatest Hits labels. Maybe it's just my opinion, but I think somehow Sony managed to make them quite ugly.

Edited by shadow460

Yeah, those green greatest hits labels are ugly. I own a few of them though as part of my selling / rebuying of my collection. Wish I could go back in time and save some sealed originals of FFVII. I opened a least a dozen of them working at the video store when it came out. *sigh*

yep, when the price first went up on them I could still get them brand new at Zellers for $19.99 each and I bought and sold quite a few of the GH version.

Yeah, those green greatest hits labels are ugly. I own a few of them though as part of my selling / rebuying of my collection. Wish I could go back in time and save some sealed originals of FFVII. I opened a least a dozen of them working at the video store when it came out. *sigh*

They show up around here about twice a year with a black label. Usually the discs are in decent shape but there are no instructions, and they've been opened and played.

BTW @keilbaca, yes Advent Children was what boosted the price of FF7. Now that the movie isn't all the rage anymore, prices are coming back down to a reasonable level. The game's dirt common, so in the end it'll probably drop to about about $15 to $20. I see Star Wars games all the time go for a buck. 2600 carts go for $1, CCG sets go for $3, and Star Wars is probably a lot more popular than a single installment of Final Fantasy.

Also look at FFX with it's sequel--neither is worth more than a few dollars, really.

Want rare Final Fantasy games? Get the later ports, like 7 and 8 for the PC. They're still kinda cheap, but a bit harder to find.

Edited by shadow460