IGNORED

add me to the list of RROD

Atari5200

Sounds like a plan! I am really enjoying the 360 and will probably look at getting a dead one and trying your ideas so i can have a back up . :)

Well, my ideas won't have any effect on a dead one. They are simply precautionary measures to prevent problems from happening to begin with.

Sounds like a plan! I am really enjoying the 360 and will probably look at getting a dead one and trying your ideas so i can have a back up . :)

Well, my ideas won't have any effect on a dead one. They are simply precautionary measures to prevent problems from happening to begin with.

Actually if it can be believed i found a 2 part video on youtube where a guy takes a dead one does a dis assembly and shows what goes wrong with the GPU and CPU as well as how to get everything running again.

If it really does work then his repair combined with your good idea should result in a dependable unit.

After a lot of research, I found this is the easiest way to prevent your 360 from getting the RROD.

Don't play it! <_<

Ok ok, seriously. Get yourself one of those laptop coolers, the one that has the fans that blow onto the laptop. Stick your 360 vertical on it. It powers off of USB, gives the 360 nice clean fresh air. Its basically a computer, with very poor engineering, so it needs all the air it can get. 2/3 of the air holes are on the bottom of the 360. Running it vertical is the worst thing you can do to the system, that is, without the laptop cooler being under it.