IGNORED

8 bit BBS

Joe Cool

Does anyone kknow a current NYC based BBS #?

Thanks a lot,

JC

Narrowing down WHERE a BBS is difficult if not unimportant when you are talking telnet. I would be happy to help you find a BBS (if one exists) in your dialable area codes. What area codes can you call?

All Atari BBS's are telnet only however. We have a auto link of Atari BBS's from the Prison Board BBS which you can find out the IP, phone number, and more information at:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...3926&hl=bbs

Thanks a lot,

JC

Narrowing down WHERE a BBS is difficult if not unimportant when you are talking telnet. I would be happy to help you find a BBS (if one exists) in your dialable area codes. What area codes can you call?

All Atari BBS's are telnet only however. We have a auto link of Atari BBS's from the Prison Board BBS which you can find out the IP, phone number, and more information at:

718 300bps

Thanks a lot,

JC

BBSmates.com is not showing anything for that area code (but I have discovered the site is not completely working right now). Any other area codes you can call? I've tried many other BBS numbers (Always happy to see what is still out there) but many of the numbers are currently dead. Saw this listing and wondered if these other codes were reachable from where you are?

New York, south : Brooklyn 718-, Queens 718-, Hicksville 516-, Patchogue 516-, Mt. Vernon 914-, Mt. Kisco 914-

Edited by doctorclu

Once again, Joe.. Get an SIO2PC... Then you can access MANY ATARI BBSes, via telnet... That XM301 is practically nothing more than a collectors piece at this point.

Or if you're really so concerned about not running it through a PC, you can try the 850 -> lantronics-box solution. I picked up a lantronics serial to ethernet box for around $15 on eBay.