IGNORED

Whatever happened to...

atari2600land

Whatever happened to Sudoku, Juno First, and Jumpman? Just wondering, as there doesn't seem to be very many games being programmed for the 2600 nowadays.

Yes, it is rather quiet at the moment around here. I haven't abandoned Juno First - I'm just a bit sidetracked at the moment with other things. The game is basically finished apart from some final polishing and it will come out on a cart later in the year. Also, there are some interesting things in the pipeline (Chimera and bataris ARM cart) that should breathe some new life into the homebrew scene.

Chris

Jumpman can be considered dead. Even if I should start retro game programming again this winter, I'll most likely do something different. I probably won't even target the 2600, being more interested in the NES these days.

Hello Cyber

Why not trying to make something for the Atari 7800?

Every new 7800 game is welcome.

greetings Walter

I've no interest in this machine at all. Its games library sucks, its graphics architecture sucks, its music architecture sucks. It's one of histories dead branches I've no interest to revive. And it holds zero nostalgia value for me - I thankfully never owned one back in the day.

I've no interest in this machine at all. Its games library sucks, its graphics architecture sucks, its music architecture sucks. It's one of histories dead branches I've no interest to revive. And it holds zero nostalgia value for me - I thankfully never owned one back in the day.

Don't hold back your feelings :cool:

That was harsh!

That was harsh!

Its games library sucks, its graphics architecture sucks, its music architecture sucks.

But true.

That was harsh!

Its games library sucks, its graphics architecture sucks, its music architecture sucks.

But true.

Yup! :D

Jumpman can be considered dead.
Would you be willing to let someone continue where you left off? No, it wouldn't be me. Just throwing it out there to see how you feel about it. You've done a heck of a job, but I do know about how other things take priority. :)

Consider everything I've released regarding a 2600 Jumpman conversion public domain. I'd be as happy if someone continued the project from where I bailed out, as I were if someone started a new try from scratch :)

I hook up my Odyssey2 much more than my 7800. I think that says it all.

Really? I'm surprised to hear anybody say they like the O2 better. I had an O2 with the multicart so I had every game except for some of the newer homebrews. I think I found 4 maybe 5 playable games on the whole thing. I like a lot more than that on the 7800.

Of course, there's no right or wrong in that sort of thing but man, oh man did I regret buying an O2. I sold that thing at loss just to make space in my room.

I didn't want to start a system war or something like that, just meant to say "no" in a way that leaves no room for speculation ;)

Hi Manuel

I think,today,there is no old system,where you can sell really a lot of carts.The 2600 should be the best way,although i prefer my 7800 system.But i do not know anything about the NES market.

greetings Walter

PS:But i do not like the NES

I probably won't even target the 2600

Ack! That sucks. I hope you come back to the 2600 some day. I've bought every one of your games. You're easily my favorite homebrew author...no disrespect to the rest of 'em :)

The main problem with another 2600 project is that I'm running out of doable Taito Arcades ;)

Wow.

That's pretty heavy handed opinion.

:roll:

I probably won't even target the 2600

Ack! That sucks. I hope you come back to the 2600 some day. I've bought every one of your games. You're easily my favorite homebrew author...no disrespect to the rest of 'em :)

The main problem with another 2600 project is that I'm running out of doable Taito Arcades ;)

Heh. There were other arcade companies :)

I like the way you were filling in some of the blanks in the 2600's arcade ports.

Edited by Lord Helmet

That was harsh!

But true.

I really can't believe that people here would stoop this low and insult the homebrew and hacks coders who've created some great games on the 7800 who post here.

Wow.

Good catch. It really is an opinion. Mine. Regarding a piece of hardware. Not an insult. Especially not insulting fellow homebrewing friends. In fact none here was even talking about existing 7800 homebrews. Or about the brave souls struggling with that ugly hardware. Actually Tom wrote a 7800 homebrew himself.

Wow.

Good catch. It really is an opinion. Mine. Regarding a piece of hardware. Not an insult. Especially not insulting fellow homebrewing friends. In fact none here was even talking about existing 7800 homebrews. Or about the brave souls struggling with that ugly hardware. Actually Tom wrote a 7800 homebrew himself.

I consider the 7800 Homebrews part of it's games library. Especially since I've worked on some, and emulation of the 7800 to a large extent.

You said it's games library sucked. You said it's a "dead branch" of history, even though it's seen more than it's fair share of activity in the last few months/years.

I took your comments as a direct insult considering the work I've put in.

Edited by Underball