IGNORED

Mini ColecoVision : Serial Number "001"

doubledown

A lot of people have expressed an interest in my latest project so I've decided to auction off my first Mini ColecoVision on ebay. This gives everybody a fair chance to own the console serialized "001". Here's a link to the auction which has all the details of the console and all of it's upgrades:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E:IT&ih=014

03minicvpoweronzj5.jpg

All that work and it still requires that huge wall wart. :roll:

j/k looks great! :D

Not really enough room in the case for an internal power supply and I figured if there was ever a problem with the power supply a replacement could be found easier if it was a standard ColecoVision power supply. :P

Do you have a source for your cases? Or will future Mini-CVs be possibly altered to something else? Kind of looks like a CB casing.

What happened to the expansion module hookup?

This case is brand new from a vendor I got hooked up with. I didn't leave access to the expansion module interface mostly becuase I don't use it, and both of the expansion modules, expecially the ADAM module, are considerably wider than the Mini ColecoVision, and would lookd odd to say the least, especially with the whole "Mini" theme.

I just received a message through ebay in regards to the Mini ColecoVision I'm selling. I can honestly say that this is the one question that I never thought I'd receive about one of my modded consoles.

I think this is very interesting! I was just wondering though if the video that is actually displayed on the screen looks better than the standard system? Arent the cartridges coded at low-res? I mean the console is certainly improved but I wonder if it can actually be taken advantage of?

I guess I just take for granted that all of us understand (usually first-hand) the improvements achieved with upgraded video outputs over the original RF signals. To be fair I checked a few of the guy's recent feedbacks and nothing was video game related, so he's probably not a big vintage gaming geek like all of us. :) I answered his question as politely as I could, just sayin', a question I never thought I'd get.

I just received a message through ebay in regards to the Mini ColecoVision I'm selling. I can honestly say that this is the one question that I never thought I'd receive about one of my modded consoles.

I think this is very interesting! I was just wondering though if the video that is actually displayed on the screen looks better than the standard system? Arent the cartridges coded at low-res? I mean the console is certainly improved but I wonder if it can actually be taken advantage of?

I guess I just take for granted that all of us understand (usually first-hand) the improvements achieved with upgraded video outputs over the original RF signals. To be fair I checked a few of the guy's recent feedbacks and nothing was video game related, so he's probably not a big vintage gaming geek like all of us. :) I answered his question as politely as I could, just sayin', a question I never thought I'd get.

So, what you are saying is, it doesn't do 720p? :roll:

Not gonna bid in that case.

Sorry no, it only does 192i (256 x 192 is the native resolution). :P

Maybe I'll add this new logo to each new modded ColecoVision I make from now on:

192ilogofs2.png

Edited by doubledown

Sorry no, it only does 192i (256 x 192 is the native resolution). :P

Maybe I'll add this new logo to each new modded ColecoVision I make from now on:

192ilogofs2.png

In all seriousness I think that would be a very cool sticker to add to the top of the console in the bottom right hand corner of the console, gotta round the corners of the sticker though.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Here's some tips on bidding I've found especially helpful in my ebay experiences:

Bid real freakin' high...like stupid high! Calculate how much you can sell everything you own for, subtract 25% for a quick-sale market loss, and then bid that amount! You're almost guaranteed to win the item of your dreams. :evil:

Cool frickin system, but at $250 and "reserve not met", this is going to go WAY beyond my budget. :D Not that you don't deserve whatever the final bid is Double, sweet system. I am just too poor. Reminds me of my childhood. ;)

It's at $280 now with the reserve not met. :-o

Cool frickin system, but at $250 and "reserve not met", this is going to go WAY beyond my budget. :D Not that you don't deserve whatever the final bid is Double, sweet system. I am just too poor. Reminds me of my childhood. ;)

What are you gonna do, quality components cost quality dollars!

What are you gonna do, quality components cost quality dollars!

Very true.

Once again, not critiquing the price, just wish I could afford it. :D

One question that I did have though, is why use a reserve price? If you know what you want to get out of it, why not just set that a the min price? This would let bidders know up front if they should even bid. Once again, not a critique, I just have never undertood the whole use of reserve prices during auctions.

Once again, not critiquing the price, just wish I could afford it. :D

One question that I did have though, is why use a reserve price? If you know what you want to get out of it, why not just set that a the min price? This would let bidders know up front if they should even bid. Once again, not a critique, I just have never undertood the whole use of reserve prices during auctions.

I understand your point. It always seems to me that an auction gets more attention if it starts at a cheap or reasonable price even if it has a high reserve, than if it's just started at that same price. It's a psychological thing I think, everybody's looking for that "cheap" deal.

Speaking of reserves, would somebody bid on this thing I'm sick of looking at "Reserve Not Met" on the auction page. :D

Edited by doubledown

The LED does seem kinda bright,,,,I have a blue led on my computer speaker subwoofer and it was so bright in the dark i ended up taping over it,,,was to distracting.

You know how car radios have differnt color options for there displays maybe you could put a faceplate on the next colecto and it could scroll the name of the game that is in the machine and the owner could chose what color he wanted :)

or maybe have the display have the coleco rainbow effect :)

I know im just dreaming here ,,,,roll with it ,,,,what else could be put on this coleco mini

How bout a BMW front hood ornament :)