IGNORED

just got my 360 back, WTF! help please

Atari5200

I have no clue what the hell is going on, but the wireless adapter will not find my network. I can't think of what else to do. It's getting power, also, every time i turn the unit off and back on I have to go through the intial setup, it doesn't save. This is no my original 360, at least that's what the letter says, is there something I'm forgetting?

I have no clue what the hell is going on, but the wireless adapter will not find my network. I can't think of what else to do. It's getting power, also, every time i turn the unit off and back on I have to go through the intial setup, it doesn't save. This is no my original 360, at least that's what the letter says, is there something I'm forgetting?

You mean the wireless router doesnt show up as a choice when configuring the wireless setup?

On a similar "HELP ME!!!!!" note:

I booted up my 360 an hour ago and got RROD'ed :x :x :x :x

I turned it off and re-booted and got the same screen and RROD!!!!!!

The third time....my 360 booted up just fine. :? :? :?

Is there such thing as surviving the RROD????? One of my friends told me that after he booted up after a powersurge, the same thing happened.....but I don't know if this was the same. Can anyone help me with thoughts..........prayers???

, every time i turn the unit off and back on I have to go through the intial setup, it doesn't save. This is no my original 360, at least that's what the letter says, is there something I'm forgetting?

I think the part about not saving your settings is the more worrisome bit. If possible, can you try a direct connect via ethernet cable into your router and see if it wants to grab the latest dashboard update (it should do this if you just got it back from TX)

If it continues to not retain your settings, could you possibly send me a PM about it?

Is there such thing as surviving the RROD????? One of my friends told me that after he booted up after a powersurge, the same thing happened.....but I don't know if this was the same. Can anyone help me with thoughts..........prayers???

The same thing, well almost the same thing happened to me last night!

I turned on my 360 yesturday after work and got the RROD!!!

I freaked out!!!! Turned it off for 2 minutes then back on and all was fine.

Played for about and hour... all seemed fine....

Got home today to watch Diseny's Tron and the freaking thing would not even turn on!!!

I unplugged the power cable from the back of the Intercooler360 then reconnected it, and it powered up...

watched Tron with my son, all is well.....so far, I gotta play a few games to really test it.

I don't get this???? :x :( :x I've had the Intercooler on my 360 for almost a year without a problem.

But for now it's staying off!

-rick

Edited by Zeptari1

Well....I'm sorta glad to hear it happened to someone else too.

I've never had any problems till now.

Just a second ago when I tried to get on, it kept RROD'ing on me.....so I told my bro and he said he heard some guy said it could be fixed by unplugging your hard drive and replugging it in. I did......and it worked fine afterwards. I just don't want it to do it again. Anyone know anything about this hard drive fix....?

It sort of depends... A red ring on the front of the console indicates that the video cable of a non-HDMI 360 is not plugged in. That is the only scenario that generates a red ring.

If the ROL was red in one quadrant and you got an error on the screen the error tells where the problem happened. Many times you can just reboot and be okay. If the error comes back, you can ask support of there's an easy fix.

If the ROL was red in 2 quadrants the console overheated If you have a supplemental cooling device you should remove it and let the console cool down (and avoid using the cooling device again)

If the ROL was red in 3 quadrants, and happens more than once, that's when you might want to call support.

ok, I finally got it working, I don't know what the problem was. I think it was my router, however, my PSP was connected, I took the SSID from my PSP, which didn't work at first, then when I scanned again, it magically worked...ok then, whatever, as long as it works.

But I love my new 360, the air flow is dramatically increased and I have a much MUCH quieter drive.

PressureCooker: The first time I got the RROD it was a power bump, the game was on, power bumpled, RROD. I turned the system off and back on it was fine. The 2nd time I got RROD I wasn't so lucky. In the end, I'm very happy with how everything went and very happy with MS customer support.

Well....I'm sorta glad to hear it happened to someone else too.

I've never had any problems till now.

Just a second ago when I tried to get on, it kept RROD'ing on me.....so I told my bro and he said he heard some guy said it could be fixed by unplugging your hard drive and replugging it in. I did......and it worked fine afterwards. I just don't want it to do it again. Anyone know anything about this hard drive fix....?

I've also had it RROD if the AV cable is not pushed in all the way.

Edit: guess I should read the whole thread before posting...since FastRobPlus already mentioned this :dunce:

Edited by Lord Helmet

Any of ya'll try the hard drive solution I talked about? It worked for me. Hopefully when I get home from work it will still work fine. I don't play games for a long time on it......so it shouldn't be overheating, if that's the problem. I get on maybe three hours a day. If it happens again, I'll try replugging in the AV cable. What about the power supply...........does plugging it in solve any problems? I have kept COD4 in my Xbox for over 2 monthes......does that have anything to do with it. Nothing has ever happened until yesterday. I was pissed when I was online playing yesterday and my buddies were like "shut up........don't worry about it." I was like "Fuck ya'll.........I can't wait till it happens to ya'll and ya'll start crying like little bitches." I'll just keep saying "Don't worry about it" to them. My bro was the only one who seemed to actually give a shit and try to help. When the 360 goes full-blown RROD.....it wouldn't give me that system error screen in 40 languages, would it? Wouldn't it just freeze up and crash, period?

• 3 weeks later...

I've had that happen befor, if the power blips, the system will cut off and useually come back on in RROD, I've never had it just up and do it for no reason though, but several times I've had it do it with power blips. Maybe I should get a UPS?

Oh yeah, there is another one, ALL the lights light up red if the video fails, useually pulling and replaceing the plug works there though, sure scared the hell out of me when I went to a friends house though and it was turned on without the cable in it. :lol:

Edited by Video