IGNORED

Question about setting up "automated" search on eBay

Albert

There are a few items I am looking for on eBay, and I'd like to see them as soon as they pop up. They aren't classic gaming related. :P What's the best way to go about setting up a search that will notify me when these items are available? Third party apps and websites are fine, as long as they'll work from within OS X. I looked around on eBay for this functionality but didn't see it (although I seem to recall having the ability to do that).

Thanks,

..Al

There are a few items I am looking for on eBay, and I'd like to see them as soon as they pop up. They aren't classic gaming related. :P What's the best way to go about setting up a search that will notify me when these items are available? Third party apps and websites are fine, as long as they'll work from within OS X. I looked around on eBay for this functionality but didn't see it (although I seem to recall having the ability to do that).

Thanks,

..Al

no clue about automated programs but if you save the item you searched for in your favorite searches you can sign up for emails when an item pops up

man those searches are 5 years old on mine .. lol

post-541-1218760531_thumb.jpg

no clue about automated programs but if you save the item you searched for in your favorite searches you can sign up for emails when an item pops up

Great, thanks, I've never used that before. Just setup the searches I need. Do you have any idea of how quickly you receive emails from eBay when items matching your search terms are listed?

Thanks,

..Al

Great, thanks, I've never used that before. Just setup the searches I need. Do you have any idea of how quickly you receive emails from eBay when items matching your search terms are listed?

Thanks,

..Al

eBay sends an email out every 24 hours. I believe the first one that they send is the day after you sign up.

Thanks,

..Al

eBay sends an email out every 24 hours. I believe the first one that they send is the day after you sign up.

eww 24 hours

the way it sounds Albert wants close to instant notification when something is listed (if thats possible)

My saved search emails are always waiting for me when I log on in the mornings. I don't know if they have one mass mailing or several throughout the evening, but I've never received one during the day.

I got one this morning, so I'm assuming they just batch them once a day. Haven't had time to look for a more timely alternative yet.

..Al