IGNORED

More reasons to use CTCW from now on.

classics

eBay has really gone off the deep end with some new changes they just announced:

Checks and money orders are now banned from eBay, its PayPal, its friends or nothing at all.

FVF increases from 10% to 75% depending on what you are selling. (Media categories hit the hardest)

Selling restrictions for any seller with a single DSR of 4.3 or less in any category. Please note that '4' is listed as 'Good' to buyers on the DSR form. O.o

Reduced search visibility for everyone except the largest power sellers, who will always be listed first in any search. 'Elevated ranking'.

New search engine will never again show more than one item with the same title. Any additional listings are wasted.

New search engine substitutes words you didn't search for, turning up mostly items you don't want with many many words. (See the 'adventure' thread)

Of course those are just the highlights, there is more absurdity afoot than that and it all goes into effect in just a few weeks.

Remember when eBay used to be... fun? :/

Edited by classics

New search engine will never again show more than one item with the same title. Any additional listings are wasted.

I assume this is only from the same seller? Like, people who list the same thing repeatedly?

I agree that eBay has turned what used to be (long ago) a relatively simple selling process into a nightmare with all their rules, inconsistencies, and most importantly, complexity. Someone really needs to come along and compete with them. I don't mean the many specialized sites (like CtCW), but a large, general auction site that can compete with eBay one-on-one.

I am going to start listing some items on Chase the Chuckwagon to see how they go. I have literally thousands of classic gaming items to sell, and I'd prefer to do it on CtCW if I am confident they will do well there.

..Al

I am going to start listing some items on Chase the Chuckwagon to see how they go. I have literally thousands of classic gaming items to sell, and I'd prefer to do it on CtCW if I am confident they will do well there.

..Al

Al,

CTCW works very well. I'm more than sure you will get "ebay" prices for anything your looking to sell. Myself I find my buy it nows sell just as fast and\or faster on CTCW.

The best thing we can do to get things to sell is make our own advertising, on the grass-roots level. Business cards, flyers, web ads on personal pages, posters in our favorite stores and maybe even t-shirts and mall-made mugs, eventually. The templates for most of this stuff are widely available, and I made the CTCW logo into a large graphic logo using Open Office and M$Paint. Easy.

Nathan

I assume this is only from the same seller? Like, people who list the same thing repeatedly?

I agree that eBay has turned what used to be (long ago) a relatively simple selling process into a nightmare with all their rules, inconsistencies, and most importantly, complexity. Someone really needs to come along and compete with them. I don't mean the many specialized sites (like CtCW), but a large, general auction site that can compete with eBay one-on-one.

..Al

That would be awesome, please make sure you post a link on here when/if you do. I'm sure you will get tons of business from me. (any red box stuff?)

AX

190 listing in the section atari 2600....only 23 cart have bid :ponder:

25 atari 2600...only one cart

126 nes....no cart have bid

106 sega master system....no cart have bid

well I have not checked all the section but the ratio seem pretty low. I do not know what is the ratio with ebay but ........

and sorry but I do not know what the fee are with CTCW auction site....is it when you place an auction (like ebay) or only at the end ???

anyway, I was have over 250 atari games and I was going to put them on CTCW but I'm not sure now.

I'm not blasting the site...juste reality or maybe I'm missing something ???

Edited by maximebeauvais

190 listing in the section atari 2600....only 23 cart have bid :ponder:

25 atari 2600...only one cart

126 nes....no cart have bid

106 sega master system....no cart have bid

well I have not checked all the section but the ratio seem pretty low. I do not know what is the ratio with ebay but ........

and sorry but I do not know what the fee are with CTCW auction site....is it when you place an auction (like ebay) or only at the end ???

anyway, I was have over 250 atari games and I was going to put them on CTCW but I'm not sure now.

I'm not blasting the site...juste reality or maybe I'm missing something ???

maximebeauvais -

On ChaseTheChuckwagon.com there are No Listing Fees so in a sense we are only getting paid if your items sell. Also our selling percentages are significantly lower than Ebay. And you can upload up to 24 photos in your listing at no charge.

As far as items and bids, our site mirrors Ebay alot in that common items don't sell quite as fast as rare or more desireable items. Sometimes you have to relist items a few or many times before they sell. Remember, there are no listing fees so not a big problem.

We've listed 8,223 items since launching on March 24th, 2008

Of those we have had 1,859 of them close through this evening or 23% have successfully closed. I seriously doubt 23% of all of Ebay's auctions end successfully. Do a search for Atari and look at how many items have gone unsold multiply that times all the bazillions of auctions they run and you will be amazed. Don't be fooled by Ebay thinking everything they host sells. It doesn't.

These 1,859 auctions have totaled $22,598 in actual sales dollars.

We've had 53,031 Searches since we launched meaning someone typed a specific term into a search box over 53,000 times and we've had 132,225 Item Views meaning someone has actually clicked into read about an auction over 132,000 times since launch.

So I really couldn't ask for anything more at this point. Things are continuing to grow and more and more people are registering everyday. You don't have to quit using Ebay completely, but try putting up a couple dozen auctions on the Chuckwagon and see what happens. Keep in mind the more desireable harder to find items have been doing real well on our site.

I hope you will give it a try.

CTCW is the first place I've ever sold on, and all my items have sold. I'm hoping to have a lot more on there in a few weeks, but I also see some I'm planning on bidding on when I get home today. It is really a great site to me and with all the comments I've been hearing about people leaving ebay, Its only going to get better.

Maybe as some people leave ebay, maybe they can do an auction like selling an invintation to join the site. Sure, ebay will take it down, and it may cost a little change, but I think it will also help auctions at Chase also.

If you guys hit it big, promise us you won't sell out to eBay!

For now, I'm going to be sticking with Amazon. However, if I ever get back into 5200 collecting, maybe I'll look you guys up.

I seriously doubt it would ever get that kind of attention from Ebay, but if it did, not going to sell. I love this hobby to much and that is a big reason why I created the Chuckwagon. A place that would not nickel and dime everyone for listing and selling. Just a great place for collectors to hang out and deal together.

I seriously doubt it would ever get that kind of attention from Ebay, but if it did, not going to sell. I love this hobby to much and that is a big reason why I created the Chuckwagon. A place that would not nickel and dime everyone for listing and selling. Just a great place for collectors to hang out and deal together.

:music:

i'm very happy with my sales on CTCW! sure not everything sells ASAP, but just give it time, if you have a fair price on it, it will sell! the main part that i like about CTCW is mike cares about you and everyone involved. where on ebay they can care less about you or anyone.

Rick

I like the fact that there are so few fees and stupid crap to remember. I'm already getting a headache just looking at the newest nonsense from ebay. CTCW has been a community environment and that if you have a question or comment then all you have to do is ask either Mike or other members and get opinions from buyers and sellers alike. Mike's been very amazing in listening to comments and suggestions and implementing them as well. Plus, since CTCW has it's roots in the various forums and communities we know who we are dealing with.

Although I haven't bought and sold as much as I would like to, I'm very happy with it. :)

ps - Thanks for keeping us updated on the stats Mike!

Edited by Chickybaby

I was thinking of trying a few things on CTCW, but I don't have a paypal account and frankly don't want to get one. Would that prevent people from wanting to bid? I've used paypal before and they wanted me to be verified which meant linking to a bank account which I definitely don't want to do.

Its almost as if you don't accept paypal, you can never sell anything since so many people prefer to use it.

Edited by AtariLeaf

i've bought from another seller on CTCW that don't accept pay pal, i do prefer to pay by pay pal, but if you have something i need, i'll find a way to send you the money anyway you want it. :)

Rick

Just make it a point to mention you only accept money orders or cashier checks and no Paypal. I don't think it will deter any bidders :)

And then there are the strange people that don't use paypal at all. :ponder:

What's strange about not wanting to use Ebay's private unregulated bank that can take it apon itself to do whatever it wants regarding your money (including your money in real banks that you have associated with any PayPal account)? :ponder:

What's strange about not wanting to use Ebay's private unregulated bank that can take it apon itself to do whatever it wants regarding your money (including your money in real banks that you have associated with any PayPal account)? :ponder:

This is why I have been preaching BillPay.

Nathan

This is why I have been preaching BillPay.

Nathan

Is that the same as bidpay? I've used them before and like it. Being from Canada it puts US sellers at ease about getting useless Canadian money order that they can't cash. Shoot, now that I think of it, I should have used that for one of my recent purchases on this forum. (Dryfter, if you see this, don't worry, I sent the proper US money order :D )

Edited by AtariLeaf