IGNORED

5200 Controller Blue Flex circuit

ninermaniac

I got a ques for the tech guys who might have seen the blue flex circuit in the controller. Where do they come from? Better question is. Who makes them? I have just never come across one before until now. It works superior to any other flex circuit I've used. Even the REV 9 Gold. It's blue. I like it. :D

Update:

Pic posted and there are no markings on the circuit to show who or where it came from. I checked. The buttons really are reddish. Just can't tell by the pictures. I know some guys here have seen them. I thought that the three dot came in red too but I can be wrong there also. ALso, I measured the thickness of the stick. It's exactly 1/8th inch thinner than any other stick I have. Must have been the last year 1987 thing I guess. I don't think this puppy has been used since it was rebuilt. It still likes to center the stick very well. Blue circuit. What company made them?........HHHMMMMMMMM. :ponder:

Edited by ninermaniac
  • Like 1

I got a ques for the tech guys who might have seen the blue flex circuit in the controller. Where do they come from? Better question is. Who makes them? I have just never come across one before until now. It works superior to any other flex circuit I've used. Even the REV 9 Gold. It's blue. I like it. :D

Update:

Pic posted and there are no markings on the circuit to show who or where it came from. I checked.

I have had probably had about 100 controllers and never seen a blue circuit. neato. lol

I've never seen that before! Not sure why this would work better than other flex circuits, including the new ones from Best, though.

It has kind of a popping down and then up when you press it. I think it's pretty unique. It works better to me because you just barely have to apply any pressure. Especially on the fire buttons. I'm thinking this might be some sort of proto controller. I'll post a pic of the whole controller soon. It's a little different. Slightly thinner than the norm. Red fire buttons. Kinda funky lookin potentiometers. Anyway I'll post a pic soon.

I've seen them all, white, blue, green, revisions from Rev 6 up to the current Rev 9. When I used to refurb 5200 controllers, it really didn't matter to me what was inside as it came out regardless and was discarded. The only good circuit was a brand new one that I put in, a Rev 9 from Best. Really, for the cost, why even take the chance of not replacing it with a known, brand new one?

The only good circuit was a brand new one that I put in, a Rev 9 from Best. Really, for the cost, why even take the chance of not replacing it with a known, brand new one?
It works superior to any other flex circuit I've used. Even the REV 9 Gold.

:ponder:

I've seen them all, white, blue, green, revisions from Rev 6 up to the current Rev 9. When I used to refurb 5200 controllers, it really didn't matter to me what was inside as it came out regardless and was discarded. The only good circuit was a brand new one that I put in, a Rev 9 from Best. Really, for the cost, why even take the chance of not replacing it with a known, brand new one?

I understand what you are saying but my question was "Who makes this circuit." It doesn't have any markings on it whatsoever. Just wanted to know who might have made them. Atari was pretty good about stamping their product. That was all. I kinda figured it is a refurb some how but wasn't sure where the circuit might have came from. :cool:

I've never seen that before! Not sure why this would work better than other flex circuits, including the new ones from Best, though.

It has kind of a popping down and then up when you press it. I think it's pretty unique. It works better to me because you just barely have to apply any pressure. Especially on the fire buttons. I'm thinking this might be some sort of proto controller. I'll post a pic of the whole controller soon. It's a little different. Slightly thinner than the norm. Red fire buttons. Kinda funky lookin potentiometers. Anyway I'll post a pic soon.

Would be great to see those pics when you get a chance. :)

I assume by the reactions, that that is a fairly standard 5200 circuit pattern? Hmmmm. I've never actually opened up a 5200 controller before, but have opened a Jag controller or two in my time. It's interesting to see they have very similar contact switch patterns.

"Whatever works." in a pinch, I guess. :)

• 2 years later...

Update:

Pic posted and there are no markings on the circuit to show who or where it came from. I checked. The buttons really are reddish. Just can't tell by the pictures. I know some guys here have seen them. I thought that the three dot came in red too but I can be wrong there also. ALso, I measured the thickness of the stick. It's exactly 1/8th inch thinner than any other stick I have. Must have been the last year 1987 thing I guess. I don't think this puppy has been used since it was rebuilt. It still likes to center the stick very well. Blue circuit. What company made them?........HHHMMMMMMMM. :ponder:

How do I view the picture attachments? or can you post picture attachments that I can view? I want to see a picture of the Atari 5200 blue flex controller circuit. I can't figure out how to view the pictures.

by mario mushroom

Edited by mario-mushroom