IGNORED

Controller question

2600Lives

Ok, I VERY unwisely lent my 360 to a friend, a roommate actually, who not only bailed on me but tried to steal my stuff (along with Rock Band and all my 360 games). Well, I got the system and stuff back, but most of the little cables that connect to the controllers are gone. You know, those little dongles with the USB plug and the round plug that goes to the controller cable. Anybody know where you can get these? I've looked all over and no luck. Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty positive you won't find the original part in any walk-in/mail-order store.

BUT.......................

You might want to look around at a bunch of different brands of extension cables. For the Xbox1 (which uses the same mini round USB interconnect on it's "dongle" cable), I found an extension cable that came with the Xbox1 console plug at one end, and the round mini usb on the other end. So you had to disconnect the original Xbox1 "dongle" cable bit and connect the controller straight to the extension that way. Basicly, the extention was just a 6' long 3rd party "dongle" cable.

Maybe, and I stress maybe, there are some 360 extensions that are the same way (USB to Xbox1/360 round mini USB). :ponder:

If not, if you can still find an Xbox1 one like that, you can get that and a Xbox1 to USB adaptor. A little convoluted, but should work.

If worse comes to worse, just buy a long USB to USB extension cable, cut the socket end off, open your controller and replace it with the straight usb cable. Only 4 wires, and usb follows a standard color code, so it would be easy enough to do.

Beyond that, call Microsoft and see if they sell them.

Good luck.

Edited by Artlover

Ok, I VERY unwisely lent my 360 to a friend, a roommate actually, who not only bailed on me but tried to steal my stuff (along with Rock Band and all my 360 games).

Is that why you have never been online for like 4 monthes? I figured you just weren't playing anymore so I deleted my Friend Request for you.

Are you still dwarfmax?

Yeah, that's why I haven't been on. I don't really play a lot of games online anyway, though. Maybe Rock Band occasionally. I REFUSE to pay for a fucking Gold account just to be able to play certain games online. As if Microsoft doesn't have enough friggin' money.

Well, found a site that has 'em. 11 bucks a piece. Not bad I suppose.

BTW, I recently did the D-pad mod where you make a little circular shim and put it under the pad. WORKS FREAKIN' GREAT. The pad is SO responsive now, I can actually play SFII and UMK3 with absolutely no problem! I used one of the black plastic slips that NES games came in, which is the perfect size. Didn't have to do a BIT of sanding, just pop the controller open and slide the shim in. Damn, I'm so glad I found out about that, cause the 360 D-pad SUCKS.

http://store.videogamecentral.com/xbox360-...-cable-end.html

Good ol' VGcentral. I've never ordered from them before (I've ordered like 2 things online my whole life, lol), but I've heard a lot of good thing about them.

Wow!

Thanks, site has been book marked. They got a lot of good stuff. :cool: