IGNORED

Discountgames is gone

I just noticed that Discountgames are no longer registered on eBay.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tab=AllFeedback

forumlogo.jpg

DiscountGames has recently announced they will be setting up shop on ChaseTheChuckwagon.com. Look for them to start buying and selling on the Chuckwagon very soon.

Edited by Parrothead

forumlogo.jpg

DiscountGames has recently announced they will be setting up shop on ChaseTheChuckwagon.com. Look for them to start buying and selling on the Chuckwagon very soon.

I am not so sure that is a good thing.

forumlogo.jpg

I am not so sure that is a good thing.

We are going to ramp them up slowly. It's funny, how everyone thought we needed more listings to start driving more buyers to the site and I believe this is true, but now there are concerns of the site getting to big to fast. At the same time I share concerns that our smaller members could get stifled if all of a sudden 10,000+ auctions get listed. They have been given strict rules to not plague the featured auctions area and the like. And will also be filling up the DVD areas as well as the vid game categories. I also made sure they would be listing in both auction and "buy it now" formats to mix it up a bit. They realize they will be a significant seller and we have talked about ways to try and have them blend in a bit.

I can't turn these types of members away when they want to join, so my goal now is to exploit this to everyone's advantage by bringing more buyer traffic to the site. This will help everyone out especially our members who want more bids and their items to sell for higher prices. I will be making some slight changes to the search function also to fine tune searches a bit better. So, bottom line is that I will see to it that this has a postive effect on the site and all of its members.

The future is going to get quite exciting on ChaseTheChuckwagon.

I hope your website allows filtering out auctions by seller usernames.

Right now you can easily search by username, but not filter out. I am going to look into that as an option though. Good idea!

I have been reading about some of the issues with DiscountGames so I will be cautiously optimistic that we won't have similar issues on the Chuckwagon. If they get to many complaints I will take care of the problem. They mentioned that Ebay had an upgrade to their TurboLister that was filled with bugs. One of the problems was that it would automatically relist items that were already sold and they said that reacked havoc in their operation and might have caused some of these shipping delays and wrongly shipped items you guys have spoken about.

Edited by Parrothead

DiscountGames definitely has their place in the market, I've bought in bulk from them before with no issues. I'll even go so far to say that it's great your alternative to eBay is getting serious validation, but I feel there needs to be a way to distinguish offerings between the little guys and the big guys.

DiscountGames definitely has their place in the market, I've bought in bulk from them before with no issues. I'll even go so far to say that it's great your alternative to eBay is getting serious validation, but I feel there needs to be a way to distinguish offerings between the little guys and the big guys.

I agree and will be working on this as some of their competitors will be close behind according to them. One fact is the "little guys" still have more of a presence on ChaseTheChuckwagon than Ebay considering all the bazillions of members there. Regardless of how you look at it right now there is still far less competition in our marketplace than Ebay. Even with the influx of high-volume sellers.

The trick will be to supplement the larger amount of listing with more buyers and that will be up to me. I am working on the big picture here as it relates to blowing this thing wide open. Stay tuned.

Edited by Parrothead

I agree and will be working on this as some of their competitors will be close behind according to them. One fact is the "little guys" still have more of a presence on ChaseTheChuckwagon than Ebay considering all the bazillions of members there. Regardless of how you look at it right now there is still far less competition in our marketplace than Ebay. Even with the influx of high-volume sellers.

The trick will be to supplement the larger amount of listing with more buyers and that will be up to me. I am working on the big picture here as it relates to blowing this thing wide open. Stay tuned.

Discountgames has been off ebay for almost a month. It's like with any seller, and feedback system, if they do well great, if they don't , don't buy from them.