IGNORED

LMAO! What would you do for a sealed Mr. Do's Castle!

Atarimania75

Probably not a Parker Bros thing, but done by the shop it was sold from. Looks real enough to me. I think the starting bid is a little high, but people were offering more than that for it a year ago. I'd hope to see it sell in that range. I think this is one way to silence all those side offers.

I agree with ya bud. Hanger was added by the store it was in. It is the real deal. HHW

I think y'all are being a little tough on the seller.

He apparently got overwhelmed with side offers and had a brain enough to research it.

When I had my big find last year I got some rediculous low ball offers from some folks here for the whole collection I found.

I gave away hundreds (and knowingly to some folks here you know who you are who were honost about values), but having some past experience in the hobby from way back when I didn't get totally taken.

Relisting I think is a way for the said seller to let everyone realize that he knows the price range it should be around.

We're all a bunch of big kids here but ya gotta sit in the sellers shoes and not throw a fit.

don't be a hater if you're the player.

just my unwelcome opinion. :)

Mars,

I am not a seller, but why was he "offended" by being lowballed on an auction. That sounds like he just put it up to pull out the side deals and already knew the worth (tossing it in with a few easier to find games). And if he didn't know what it could be worth...........he sure changed his mind very quickly from "I won't close it early". If I were one of the 4 bidders I would be upset about this auction ending early. My naive butt would have believed that he would complete the auction. I am lucky as I am not in the market for high price games. So I don't get pissed over my own bids like this.

ps. mars, I can still be civil with ya. (that is the default mode as I have never dealt with ya.)

El

Mars,

I am not a seller, but why was he "offended" by being lowballed on an auction. That sounds like he just put it up to pull out the side deals and already knew the worth (tossing it in with a few easier to find games). And if he didn't know what it could be worth...........he sure changed his mind very quickly from "I won't close it early". If I were one of the 4 bidders I would be upset about this auction ending early. My naive butt would have believed that he would complete the auction. I am lucky as I am not in the market for high price games. So I don't get pissed over my own bids like this.

ps. mars, I can still be civil with ya. (that is the default mode as I have never dealt with ya.)

El

Hey, good about being civil. I'm a cool guy :)

I wrote the guy and he told me that he's not an experienced ebayer, and that he's selling attic finds from childhood or something like this. Look at his other auctions and that's apparent.

He seems to feel attacked by wolves considering he got dozens of lowball offers and only ONE warning from someone (prolly here - not me) about getting screwed. I really wish that i didn't bid! HAHA but like i said it really struck a chord.

I guess a 500 buck chord.

I think there's a HUGE difference between getting a good deal and intentionally screwing someone who is ignorant about these games. karma anyone?

Please I understand some people want it bad... but dude, it has value... why not let it go for market value.

I really like this community, and I know I'm not here much. I can't really get into it much with my other obligations,

but I'd like to check in every once in a while. I really hope my comments don't piss anyone off. I've made good friends here.

Point is even if I were full on in the hobby I'd behave the same.

So cmon yall... can I get some backing on it. :)

out and peace (please? :) )

OH, and CTCW.... I'm gonna send some goodies to ya that you can use as giveaways for promo on your efforts of the auction site. Not sealed mr. do's castle... but worthwile none the less. :)

peace again. school started and physics is nutso hard so I'm out!

lata

-mars

p.s. sorry again :)

Mars,

El

I wrote the guy and he told me that he's not an experienced ebayer, and that he's selling attic finds from childhood or something like this. Look at his other auctions and that's apparent.

He seems to feel attacked by wolves considering he got dozens of lowball offers and only ONE warning from someone (prolly here - not me) about getting screwed. I really wish that i didn't bid! HAHA but like i said it really struck a chord.

I think there's a HUGE difference between getting a good deal and intentionally screwing someone who is ignorant about these games. karma anyone?

Please I understand some people want it bad... but dude, it has value... why not let it go for market value.

I really like this community, and I know I'm not here much. I can't really get into it much with my other obligations,

but I'd like to check in every once in a while. I really hope my comments don't piss anyone off. I've made good friends here.

OH, and CTCW.... I'm gonna send some goodies to ya that you can use as giveaways for promo on your efforts of the auction site. Not sealed mr. do's castle... but worthwile none the less. :)

lata

-mars

Hey Mars,

Thanks for your consideration and support of the Chuckwagon. Can't wait to see what goodies you've got for our members :)

Mars,

El

lata

-mars

Dude, did I miss something? I don't think anyone is mad at you. I personally don't blame the seller for relisting it. He could have taken a side deal, but at least he is letting it go to the highest bidder. I would, however, have been irritated if I had already bid on it.

Mars,

El

Yea... okok... maybe i was forseeing the future.

sorry no more drama... like i said it hit a chord.

and Chuckwagon... I'm all about a cause... specially if it's for an ebay competitor.

ok.. im out. i get too involved with this stuff! anyone know how that is? :)

laters!

lata

-mars

Dude, did I miss something? I don't think anyone is mad at you. I personally don't blame the seller for relisting it. He could have taken a side deal, but at least he is letting it go to the highest bidder. I would, however, have been irritated if I had already bid on it.

True...but what I mean is that every post already has seperate "quote" and "reply" buttons. The quote button allows you to put a javascript checkmark in the little box (what other effect it has, I dunno). Reply automatically quotes whether or not the checkmark exists. So the solution is (as you've noted) to scroll down to the bottom, or erase the quoted text manually.

@Nukey Shay;

The quote checkbox is if you want to quote several messages at once. You check the box in each message you want to quote, then click the "add reply" at the bottom of the page, and it quotes every message checked.

It's pretty handy in the rare times you need to quote more then one person in a single reply.

I just use seperate replies. Might make it easier for a quoted user to spot a response rather than wade through multiple quotes in a single post ;)

BTW if the goal is to cut down on imbedded quotes, how about having the forum software ignore existing quoted text in a post?

The quote checkbox is if you want to quote several messages at once. You check the box in each message you want to quote, then click the "add reply" at the bottom of the page, and it quotes every message checked.

It's pretty handy in the rare times you need to quote more then one person in a single reply.

Yep, it took me a while to figure out how people were doing that. :lol:

I still don't get why some people don't just trim the embedded posts. keep it short and neat. Do you really need to see your last 13 replies as well in the same post? :ponder:

HAHAHA could be I had a few drinks in me.

considering it was first day of semester and B-day is today I decided to go a little far with it! :) sorry guys... i got a little dum. MAN i wish I didn't bid on that thing. Cant afford it really.

Oh and CTCW... sending out stuff tommorrow.

That wasn't drunken stuper. Decided that when ya won my auction. OK well this thread is way off!

I did a job, no?

Happy birthday? hehe

MAN i wish I didn't bid on that thing. Cant afford it really.

I don't think you have to worry, someone will outbid you.

and when they pay more because of it, i'm sure they'll thank him as well! maybe there should be a 24hr thinking period BEFORE people can bid so that have time to "think" about it! :roll:

sorry just one of a few things that gets under my skin, when people bid and wish they didn't! :x

Rick