IGNORED

Atari 2600 Flashback 2 Portable Hand Held

ChrisKoopa

Cool idea. Myself I would have had the cart port flush with the gamegear depth instead of poking out the back with a ground in the cart port so there would be no need for the switch between cart and built in games; And as noted a bigger screen with the original "a" button cause the red on looks out of place. But all in all a neat little project you did there for sure.

The original GG screen was really bad. Blurry and the contrast was a bit weird. I had one that died on me once. Plus, the thing is hard-wired onto the circuit board. When you try to move it the tiny contacts get all ripped up so there's no attaching it to anything else.

I don't think the Nomad used the same screen. Same size, maybe, but it was a lot clearer (from what I have read).

Nathan

If the screen was not broken, why wasn't the original GG screen used?

For those that may know, was the GG and Nomad screens the same? They look to be the same size screen.

Yes. You can use a GG screen or a Nomad Screen but they are diffrent from eachother. The difference being that the GG uses a Digital signal and the Nomad uses an Analog (RGB) In order to use a GG you need a TV tuner no question about it unless you can somewhere on the board switch this to analog although i do not know the plausibility on this.

straight from http://portablesofdoom.org/screens.php

very informational

I bid on this at the end, but was outbid by another bid at the end. Frustrating, but it's eBay. :)

I was really hoping to get a portable 2600 (or 7800), though. I tried for this one, of course. And, I have e-mailed Ben H. about 2-3 times, and haven't gotten a response. I asked a guy selling a portable Sega Genesis on eBay about a portable Atari, and he said that he was working on one, but that was a few weeks ago.

Any ideas, folks? Anyone else making them? I have a ton of Atari games, but little time to play them at home. I'd love to be able to pack up a few of my favorites, along with a portable 2600 or 7800, and play a few games during my lunch break.

I bid on this at the end, but was outbid by another bid at the end. Frustrating, but it's eBay. :)

I was really hoping to get a portable 2600 (or 7800), though. I tried for this one, of course. And, I have e-mailed Ben H. about 2-3 times, and haven't gotten a response. I asked a guy selling a portable Sega Genesis on eBay about a portable Atari, and he said that he was working on one, but that was a few weeks ago.

Any ideas, folks? Anyone else making them? I have a ton of Atari games, but little time to play them at home. I'd love to be able to pack up a few of my favorites, along with a portable 2600 or 7800, and play a few games during my lunch break.

If you can wait until November, you can pick up The WIZ that will run emulators of 2600, 7800, and 5200/800 systems as well as a ton of other stuff in a much smaller package than anything out there.

If you can wait until November, you can pick up The WIZ that will run emulators of 2600, 7800, and 5200/800 systems as well as a ton of other stuff in a much smaller package than anything out there.

Thanks for the recommendation. Not sure that I would want to spend $200 to run emulators, though, when I have a laptop that does that. I am looking to use the actual cartridges. Thanks again, though! :-)