IGNORED

AUCTION TO HELP A LITTLE BOY WITH CEREBRAL PALSY GET A WII

Shawn

Shawn, all this has got me wondering if you've shown your nephew how great old school gaming can be. I mean, the Wii will be fantastic for him, but with the right controller he could have a lot of fun with an Atari or other classic system due the the one joystick/one or two fire button configuration. I'll bet a really nice controller with oversized fire buttons and a nice arcade quality joystick could be custom built to clamp right on to his chair. Frankly, I have a hard time with games that use more than two buttons! :ponder: :D

Just food for thought!

Holy cow, I see it's up to $102 already, and it's still 6 days to go! :-o :thumbsup:

The 2600 was the first gaming console I got him into as it was easy for him to only have to press the ORB (one red button) with a beeshu joystick that had suction cups on the bottom and I attached it to his wheelchair tray. But as he got older and kids at school posioned him with their new gaming is better gaming attitude he's got the modern game bug now :)

This is all so great guys, he's gonna be as excited as a pig in shit when he gets this!! Thanks so much from me and my family.

Shawn, all this has got me wondering if you've shown your nephew how great old school gaming can be. I mean, the Wii will be fantastic for him, but with the right controller he could have a lot of fun with an Atari or other classic system due the the one joystick/one or two fire button configuration. I'll bet a really nice controller with oversized fire buttons and a nice arcade quality joystick could be custom built to clamp right on to his chair. Frankly, I have a hard time with games that use more than two buttons! :ponder: :D

Just food for thought!

Holy cow, I see it's up to $102 already, and it's still 6 days to go! :-o :thumbsup:

The 2600 was the first gaming console I got him into as it was easy for him to only have to press the ORB (one red button) with a beeshu joystick that had suction cups on the bottom and I attached it to his wheelchair tray. But as he got older and kids at school posioned him with their new gaming is better gaming attitude he's got the modern game bug now :)

This is all so great guys, he's gonna be as excited as a pig in shit when he gets this!! Thanks so much from me and my family.

Well, just make sure he doesn't forget his roots. :)

I wonder how an X-arcade stick with a Gamecube adapter would work out? It's a pretty good size (especially for a little kid!) and you could get adapters for other systems as well.

So, what Wii games are you looking at for him and which ones does he like? :)

wii sports for the bowling he likes alot even though he's not that great at it, he likes the table hockey on wii play and is good at it, He loves the lego games and he likes hulk but I find hulk is a little out of his age range for gameplay and content. I'm hoping to get a Wii I can slap a mod into for him so I can "share" my games with him.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

I have no interest in a homebrew even one as great as this because then I might find myself after the rest. I'm an all or nothing kinda guy you see.

However, I do have some Wii games here.

Any of these sound good? My PM box is full but perhaps you should post an address that people can send to in case they don't want it to be known.

Mario Strikers Charged

Spiderman 3

Resident Evil 4

The Bigs

Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Donkey Kong Barrel Blast

Pokemon Battle Revolution

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08

The Incredible Hulk

I set up a raffle on the chuckwagon with Shawn and Socal Mikes approval if you would like to purchase a ticket here it is:

http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/item.cgi...item=0000012683

I wanted to set this up for people that wanted to donate something but were unable to be in the bidding for the one of a kind game. Plus you get a chance at a nice little package.

Also some questions and answers you may have:

1. How much of what I donate actually goes to Isaiah?

A: 100%, I am donating this system and paying for free shipping within the US. Once you buy a ticket or number of tickets, I will email you an invoice and supply you with Shawn’s paypal address so you can send payment directly to him, so the money is never actually to be in my possession and so Paypal doesn’t double dip in the donation.

2. Will you ship outside the US if I win the raffle?

A: Yes international donations are welcome, the only thing I ask is that you cover any cost above 25.00 for shipping ie. Shipping cost 50.00, I cover 25.00 you pay 25.00.

3. I already sent a donation to Shawn before I saw this auction am I still eligible?

A: Yes if you already paypaled Shawn an amount, simply buy that many tickets and make sure you let me know you already paid Shawn, I will check with him and add your tickets to the til.

4. What will happen to excess money made over the price of a WII?

A: The excess if any will go to purchase some games or other items Isaiah may need.

Any other questions just shout me a PM.

-Bruce

I have no interest in a homebrew even one as great as this because then I might find myself after the rest. I'm an all or nothing kinda guy you see.

However, I do have some Wii games here.

Any of these sound good? My PM box is full but perhaps you should post an address that people can send to in case they don't want it to be known.

Mario Strikers Charged

Spiderman 3

Resident Evil 4

The Bigs

Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Donkey Kong Barrel Blast

Pokemon Battle Revolution

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08

The Incredible Hulk

spiderman,hulk,pokemon or donkey kong. One of those would be right up his alley. If you want to send him one of those that would be sweet.

Addy:

Isaiah Fulford Davis

28 Brighton Cresant

Brockville, ON

K6V 2P3

CANADA

That would be cool cause he loves when he gets mail. I can just set it aside in the mailing envelope and he can open it when I give him the wii.

At this rate, you may be able to get him a PS3 too, then he is really the cool kid in school. :D

Indeed! :D

If someone does decide to send him a game or two it would be nice if they posted it here or let Shawn Sr know so he could take it off the list so that he doesn't get any dupes.

I loved getting mail as a kid too but now, someone else can take and pay all my bills, lol. :P

At this rate, you may be able to get him a PS3 too, then he is really the cool kid in school. :D

If someone does decide to send him a game or two it would be nice if they posted it here or let Shawn Sr know so he could take it off the list so that he doesn't get any dupes.

I loved getting mail as a kid too but now, someone else can take and pay all my bills, lol. :P

Good idea! I will be sending:

A Wii Classic Controller

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Rampage Total Destruction

Good idea! I will be sending:

A Wii Classic Controller

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Rampage Total Destruction

OMG :-o thanks a million he's gonna love those. I used to play rampage with him on the cube so he will love it for the wii also I'm sure.

Bidding sir!

EDIT: Just noticed that this auction is not just for a good cause, but is also very "Leett" -> 13377 :D

Hex.

[ Wanted to make a crack starting with "LOL-Zilla"... but decided it really wasn't that funny. ]

Edited by hex65000

bump, only a day and 5 hours left on Isaiah's 7800 cart.

THIS IS THE WII I'M TRYING TO GET FOR HIM, SELLER IS AN AA MEMBER ALSO SO IT KEEPS THE MONEY IN THE FAMILY ;) :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=220278893536

If there is any amount of money left over after getting Isaiah a Wii my sister would like to use it get a box(es) of diapers for Isaiah (he has "accidents" cause of lack of control of his muscles). Is that ok with everyone?

Edited by Shawn Sr.

bidding kind of slowed off huh? I'm holding a lead but will see how it ends up. ;)

I was wondering who that was! Cool beans VGA :) Besides thats more than I ever expected it to go for let alone all the donations of cash and games he's got. You guys are the best. :thumbsup:

Edited by Shawn Sr.