IGNORED

Finally taking the plunge this weekend

Tickled_Pink

Looks like I'm finally taking the plunge this weekend and investing in a 360. I say investing because it'll also be used for XBLA dev work, as well as playing on it.

It's a toss-up between the Arcade and the Premium. I'm just not sure if I need a hard drive or why the 360 has a hard drive option.

Has anyone here tried coding with XNA on the 360? Which one do I need?

Looks like I'm finally taking the plunge this weekend and investing in a 360. I say investing because it'll also be used for XBLA dev work, as well as playing on it.

It's a toss-up between the Arcade and the Premium. I'm just not sure if I need a hard drive or why the 360 has a hard drive option.

Good time to buy - the prices just dropped..

I don't know about the US and Europe, but here in Canada, Future Shop are getting rid of the 20gb Pro system with 2 games for $199. The Real Canadian Superstore has the 20gb Pro for $249.

I'd say get the premium. Even if you don't need it for the dev kit. (I don't know if you do or not) you will want it to download and check out the various other offerings from people I'd think.

You can probably find what you are looking for here.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/xna/default.aspx