IGNORED

atari++ 1.55 beta released

thorfdbg

Hi folks,

please find a new release of the atari++ emulator at its usual location

http://www.math.tu-berlin.de/~thor/atari++/

for download. This time a beta-version only, and - since unfortunately one of my machines broke down - for Linux only. There will be a windows version as soon as my primary development machine comes back from the repair, and as soon as this version has been tested more carefully than a single person can do.

What's new this time - the major thing is probably a fully compatible Atari replacement Os (also available separately on the above page) including the math-pack, but there are other news:

- Fixed a couple of bugs in the disk emulation, thanks to Konrad Kokoszkiewicz for finding them. Specifically,

- Read and write capacity (815 commands) did not check for all supported disk layout types and hard-disk partitions,

- Speedy commands were recognized and interfered even if the speedy emulation was turned off,

- Disk status wasn't returned correctly for high-density drives

- Fixed a parsing/error handling bug if the initial configuration files were incorrect.

- Fixed the implementation of ZFR1 in the mathpack patch.

- Fixed the implementation of FFRAC in mathpack patch.

- Added constants required by BASIC for the patch.

- This release comes with a new release of Os++, the emulator operating system. For the first time, this release is complete and includes a math-pack whose functions should be both faster and more precise than the original implementation. Thanks to B. Watson for continuously pushing me - it's done now.

- Minor streamlining in the CIO implementation in Os++.

Again, special thanks goes to the contributers!

So long,

Thomas

I haven't tried the beta yet, but I was wondering if you could make some sort of shortcuts for the monitor commands? Perhaps they exist already but I'm too dumb to find them? Or perhaps a command history thing like in Unix? Or just if you hit return it repeats the last command, so stepping can be easier? In any case, hat's off to you for your work..

--Bart

I haven't tried the beta yet, but I was wondering if you could make some sort of shortcuts for the monitor commands? Perhaps they exist already but I'm too dumb to find them? Or perhaps a command history thing like in Unix? Or just if you hit return it repeats the last command, so stepping can be easier? In any case, hat's off to you for your work..

--Bart

The most important commands have shortcuts, namely those for stepping through a program - they are on display if you enter the monitor:

Shortcuts:

F5: Continue program (GOPG)

F6: Continue up to end of subroutine (GOPG.U)

F7: Disassemble at PC (UNAS PC)

F10: Step Over (NEXT)

F11: Step (STEP)

A command history is also available, just use the cursor up-down keys like in the bash or tcsh.

In case neither of the above works for you, atari++ has likely been compiled without curses support - all of the above requires the curses library. In that case, please check the output of "configure", and/or install "libncurses_devel" (or something similar), depends on your distro how it is spelled on your system.

Hope this helps,

Thomas