IGNORED

Steven Tucker is the MAN

cephallus

Just had to share...I managed to kill my 1200xl while attempting to remove a PBI mod and basic/800xl-os mod, and simultaneously install an internal MyIDE with an IDE->cf reader. Steven was kind enough to offer to look at it for me. Not only did he track down the main issue, he even took extra time to clean up some of the previous mess.

Finally got the chance to fire her up again tonight, and was blown away at how slick the MyIDE system is when it's all internal in a 1200xl. I mounted the cf card reader so that the slot is in the rear just above where the rf box was. Since I don't really have a dedicated space to keep the 8 bits set up, it's awesome to be able to just pull it out of my closet, plug in video, audio, and power, and go.

Agreed Steve Tucker is awesome... He answered a ton of my question patiently before I actually ponied up the cash for the SIO2PC... Pretty good customer service right??? Well I became the owner of a Myide+Flash cart in an online deal, well I had lots of questions regarding how to use it, and Steve again went above and beyond to help me out... Now that's amazing, he didn't get any money from me on that deal yet he took his own time to help me out at no charge (he could have just sent me to the forums and told me to figure it out by myself)

Steve Tucker, he's got my vote :)

I'll second the vote for Steve providing great customer service. I ordered two of the 1meg flash carts, and it took awhile for me to get them due to Steve having some medical issues. When I got them in the mail, I discovered he sent me two 8meg carts, free of charge.

I'll be getting the MyIde at some point as well. Great stuff :)

Steven is one of the reasons there IS an atari community in 2008.

I'm sure some of you can relate, but while the 8bit was down, I didn't even think about it much...just went on with the rest of my daily routines. Now that it's up and running again (and better than ever!) I'm in love with it all over again. I spent a couple of hours working with TMC last night, and it was pure heaven.

I would like to add my appreciation to this thread for Steve. I have purchased several items from Steve over the years and he is simply a devoted Atari guy who has been there to answer any and all questions no matter how stupid they seem to be. If there is anyone out there who is debating about upgrading an old Atari then go see Steve at Atarimax for you will not be disappointed. ;)

Thanks Steve!

Mike