IGNORED

Duuuuuuuke

moycon

So they released Duke Nuke Em 3D.

Anyone planning on getting this game?

I played through the PS1 version at least twice and remember finding all the seacret areas back then.

Haven't played it in years.

Apparently in addition to online Deathmatch, the game also has online co-op.

Could be cool with the right people.

Also I read you can re-spawn anywhere you wish through the level because it records your progress. Basically if you want to back up a couple rooms and rethink your strategy just back up anywhere you've been.

Im definitely getting this one.

This game and Quake were ultimately the reason I got my first pentium. The 486DX2 I was running worked but I didn't realize how choppy these games were until I played them on a nice machine. At that time nobody knew what framerate these games were supposed to play at. The experience was a brand new thing (especially Quake with it's fancy 3D.) :)

I played that dang thing for 45 minutes last night. Good stuff. I bought the Atomic edition back in the day.

Does anyone remember that one level that, even with cheats on you CAN'T(at least I can't) pass whatsoever? At the very beginning of the level/episode, there's some narrow tunnel you have to get through, but there's a health depleting explosion that happens. You have to get to this one point in a very quick time before it closes, shutting you out.

I also couldn't seem to find the end for the tanker level, even with cheats. I might buy it though since it's $10. Already played to the end of Doom.

Sadly, nobody's into doing coop matches, save for one guy. Him & I did one level for 3 hours, then it was time for bed. Good stuff.

Sorry......I didn't feel like playing any Duke Nukem last night, man. I decided to play some Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. I've been playing less multiplayer lately.

What is funny is me and the misses played this game to death when she was pregnant with my son.

Anyways I purchased this and we were playing it co-op/deathmatch and my son asked. Can you change who your character is? Can you change the outfit your wearing? Why is it called "Duke Nukem 3d"? :lol:

I had to explain to him how this game was state of the art when it came out.

I loved Duke Nukem, bought it on the computer back in the day,k with that huge ass flight controller that I guess was made just for the game 9or the game had some programming to take advantage fo it at least)

I'd get it for the box, if it gets released on a disc arcade style. So I probably won't ever pick it up.

Sadly, nobody's into doing coop matches, save for one guy. Him & I did one level for 3 hours, then it was time for bed. Good stuff.

Sorry......I didn't feel like playing any Duke Nukem last night, man. I decided to play some Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. I've been playing less multiplayer lately.

Ahh that was you(I can''t match atariage & xbox names right). I was surprised anyone on my friends list had Duke. I think a few more mutuals have DOOM.

I wasn't much of a Duke fan, as I was a DooM and Rise of the Triad fan.

I hope they release Rise of the Triad. I loved that the best.

ROTT was definitely great. I would love to have seen what they could have achieved with it had they used the Doom engine instead of the Wolf3D engine though. They managed to pioneer some currently widely used concepts in their additions to the engine even with the limitations of the Wolf3D engine. If they had used the Doom engine I imagine they would have done even more. Still... fantastic game. This is the game that invented flying gibs.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember playing this game all the time......wasn't this one the game they released on the n64, also?

I don't remember it being so brutally hard, though. I have to play it on 'Let's Rock'.

I'd like them to release the original Duke Nukem scrollers........as well as the other Apogee scrollers like Bio-Menace, Secret Agent, Commander Keen, etc.

I just found out today that Duke Nukem was also the name of a bad guy in Captain Planet. I never paid attention to that show enough to notice.

I really wonder if these games are custome coded, or emulated or rewrites of the engine and if it uses the same datafile formats as the original engine. :ponder:

Basiclly, what I'm really wondering is if it could be possible to copy the dataset from the full PC version to the 360's demo version to get the full game. :ponder:

Probably the 360 version of the engine is different between demo/full and it wouldn't matter anyways. :ponder:

Bah... Has anyone fully figured out the crazy file/directory names in the 360 filesystem and what is what/where it specificly is yet? I'm sure interested in trying this now. :ponder:

Messing with the original file would change the file signature and make the game unplayable.

As far as the main executable goes, yes. But I'm talking about data files. I wouldn't expect them to be signed too. :ponder: Then again, yeah, maybe. :|