IGNORED

Pepsi Invaders now on eBay

monzamess

UPDATED -- now on eBay -- link below -- mods please move to proper category if necessary. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=130259854192

------

I have a legit Coke Wins! cart--I mention "legit" because as many of you know they were released with no label and could be mistaken for homebrew. I opened it up a few years ago and verified there is a ROM not EPROM or other programmable chip onboard. No pics yet, forgot to do that way back when.

It's the bare cart, no box or anything. I got it over 20 years ago at a flea market outside Atlanta (Coke's hometown). I bought someone's 2600 collection and this cart was in the set. I never thought much about it until I got on Usenet over 10 years ago and read about the Coke promotion.

I have an "ok" 2600 collection but this cart is, by far, the most valuable thing I have in that set--not that I ever wanted to sell it!

However I'm now in a situation where if I can get enough for it, I will sell it to help replace a piece of jewelry my wife lost. :love: :roll:

So with the recent changes on ebay, and the introduction of CTCW, and other venues... I'm seeking advice on what this might be worth, and where to sell it. I've searched old threads here but information is spotty.

Thanks for any advice.

Edited by monzamess

I have a legit Coke Wins! cart--I mention "legit" because as many of you know they were released with no label and could be mistaken for homebrew. I opened it up a few years ago and verified there is a ROM not EPROM or other programmable chip onboard. No pics yet, forgot to do that way back when.

It's the bare cart, no box or anything. I got it over 20 years ago at a flea market outside Atlanta (Coke's hometown). I bought someone's 2600 collection and this cart was in the set. I never thought much about it until I got on Usenet over 10 years ago and read about the Coke promotion.

I have an "ok" 2600 collection but this cart is, by far, the most valuable thing I have in that set--not that I ever wanted to sell it!

However I'm now in a situation where if I can get enough for it, I will sell it to help replace a piece of jewelry my wife lost. :love: :roll:

So with the recent changes on ebay, and the introduction of CTCW, and other venues... I'm seeking advice on what this might be worth, and where to sell it. I've searched old threads here but information is spotty.

Thanks for any advice.

Sorry to hear about your jewerly loss, but this should definitely help you replace it.

I wish i could find a copy at a flea market.

Anyways, like i put in my pm if you need access to a camera, I'm in Georgia too and maybe I could help ya.

Just took some pics. What, like you have something better to do on a Saturday night? (yeah you probably do)

Game working on my 4-switcher hooked up to a dusty TV:

post-2911-1222569663_thumb.jpg

Screen up close:

post-2911-1222569675_thumb.jpg

Another view of the setup:

post-2911-1222569684_thumb.jpg

Close up of cart view 1:

post-2911-1222569689_thumb.jpg

Close up of cart view 2:

post-2911-1222569695_thumb.jpg

What's in the cart:

post-2911-1222569701_thumb.jpg

The PCB up close:

post-2911-1222569706_thumb.jpg

PCB another angle:

post-2911-1222569711_thumb.jpg

Got it back to together, door works like it should etc:

post-2911-1222569716_thumb.jpg

And it still works:

post-2911-1222569721_thumb.jpg

P.S. Thanks for moving post to correct forum; I wasn't sure where to put it.

Edited by monzamess