IGNORED

Oh no, you didn't!

CPUWIZ

If he doesn't put RARE in the title, how are all the Atari collectors who type RARE into the search engine supposed to find it? ;)

And there are only 30 other "rare" Combat carts on eBay right now... :roll:

The only reason people put RARE in the title is to put the item in a second category without paying for it,an old ebay trick

Hey... did you watch the game last night? If only the offense had not been flat at first, we could have won that game. The interception was a bad throw into coverage, and well... the stuff towards the end of the game sucked. (Suh being called for a late hit and then Bo getting charged with a personal foul hurt.. as we needed that extra time on the clock.)

Sigh.. I'm not really looking forward to next week's game. If we play like we did last night, I think we are going to get exposed on ESPN HD Nation-wide...

YIKES. However, a win will erase this loss to the Hokies. The Hokies aren't THAT bad of a team. I just think we should have handled them. As their offense isn't THAT great.

He only has 3.50 on it with a best offer deal,whats the big deal?

Please tell me you would pay $9.50 for a boxed Combat and I'll go into my garage right now and pull out a mint one. ;) I'll even put some sticky residue on it, if you like. :ponder:

The price wasn't the point, it's the "RARE" part of the listing.

He only has 3.50 on it with a best offer deal,whats the big deal?

Please tell me you would pay $9.50 for a boxed Combat and I'll go into my garage right now and pull out a mint one. ;) I'll even put some sticky residue on it, if you like. :ponder:

The price wasn't the point, it's the "RARE" part of the listing.

I edited this for you!

I sometimes will get someone who will buy 10-15 titles from me at the same time. I charge $6 for the first game and then $1 for each additional game. Basically they end up with Combat for $4.50. I really can't find any Atari games within 20 minutes of my house. Maybe it isn't rare if you are a member of AtariAge but most people can't find any Atari games where they live.

I know Sean would probably save a whole lot of money in eBay fees if his prices weren't so inflated. To each their own. :|

Everyone has a right to their opinion. You have to remember that eBay now charges a 15% final value fee, Paypal charges are around 3.5% plus 35 cents per transaction and state and federal taxes for me are over 20%. All of these fees make it very difficult to make a profit. I am basically making $0 on any games that I sell for under $5. I just hope that I sell in bulk when selling the cheap games.

I know Sean would probably save a whole lot of money in eBay fees if his prices weren't so inflated. To each their own. :|

Everyone has a right to their opinion. You have to remember that eBay now charges a 15% final value fee, Paypal charges are around 3.5% plus 35 cents per transaction and state and federal taxes for me are over 20%. All of these fees make it very difficult to make a profit. I am basically making $0 on any games that I sell for under $5. I just hope that I sell in bulk when selling the cheap games.

Oh you poor, poor man! You must be broke scalping all your games on ebay for 5 times the real value while you have that silly little day job waiting of practicing law. I used to defend you Sean when people said your just a reseller, but your selling tactics have only got lower and lower over the years with no bottom in sight. Also so where are the pics of your "collection" you have refused to show anyone for 5 years? Perhaps cause you don't have a collection and the word collection only means "store stock" in your eyes? Get real man, like Numan already stated if you where not making money at this you wouldn't be doing it.

The only reason people put RARE in the title is to put the item in a second category without paying for it,an old ebay trick

:?:

its just like selling a cassette and putting "not cd" in the title , it puts the cassette in the cd category even though it isnt a cd. Ebay does charge for selecting a second category, but there are ways around it.......

its just like selling a cassette and putting "not cd" in the title , it puts the cassette in the cd category even though it isnt a cd. Ebay does charge for selecting a second category, but there are ways around it.......

Uh, no it doesn't.

There is no category called "Rare games" and even if there were, just adding "Rare" to the title wouldn't put the item into that category. All it does is add the item to the search results if someone enters "rare" as a search term. And anyone who does that once quickly sees the folly of doing that, it's meaningless.

Also, why would you want a cassette to show up in the search results for "CD" in the first place? All that does is piss people off. Saying "Not xxx" in a title is a listing violation.

Uh, no it doesn't.

There is no category called "Rare games" and even if there were, just adding "Rare" to the title wouldn't put the item into that category. All it does is add the item to the search results if someone enters "rare" as a search term. And anyone who does that once quickly sees the folly of doing that, it's meaningless.

Also, why would you want a cassette to show up in the search results for "CD" in the first place? All that does is piss people off. Saying "Not xxx" in a title is a listing violation.

I never said it wasnt a listing violation, but everyone does it anyway

Oh you poor, poor man! You must be broke scalping all your games on ebay for 5 times the real value while you have that silly little day job waiting of practicing law. I used to defend you Sean when people said your just a reseller, but your selling tactics have only got lower and lower over the years with no bottom in sight. Also so where are the pics of your "collection" you have refused to show anyone for 5 years? Perhaps cause you don't have a collection and the word collection only means "store stock" in your eyes? Get real man, like Numan already stated if you where not making money at this you wouldn't be doing it.

This should get more attention. Where is this so-called collection counselor?

Holygrail: You would have been better off not responding in the first place.

To try and defend the word "rare" in the title as such because there aren't Atari 2600 games close to you, that's preposterous.

You could say that about almost ANYTHING depending on location.

Basically any vintage game and system even produced in the millions would be considered "rare" because it's no longer sold at the local Wal-Mart?

It's keyword spamming, and eBay gets angry about that. I'm the last person in the world to defend eBay, but you can't really defend your position in this one unfortunately.

Everyone sells their stuff/resells their stuff (eventually), etc, but the big problem that people keep referring to from this whole situation is that you buy/resell on eBay, come here to advertise and resell on the forums but mostly for your auctions.

It's understandable it's a "service" to obtain these so everyone can just order from you directly, but I think the whole using "I need so and so for my collection" as a reasoning to why you want/obtain certain things and then sell everything off has kind of gotten to people, so this just multiplies their feelings towards the situation.

Edited by DreamTR