IGNORED

Should I leave a negative?

Atarian7

If it said Priority and he sent it first class send him a kind email and ask for the $2.00 back if he refuses or does not email you back in ample amount of time. Then neg him. It is very simple. If he just had flate rate postage, Then it is what it is and you didn't have to bid. I would like to see the Auction you are talking about atarian 7. You haven't responded since you posted this. HHW

Please read the whole thread, we agreed he should have a chance to apologize / refund before getting the neg.

And nothing you said would make the $4 "mute". Or moot, either. Quoting over $6 for Priority and using $2 First Class is theft.

Speaking of give me a break, all of his auctions I checked are listed as Priority for small items, I just bet he accidentally sent this one first class.

I am a seller as well as a buyer, I use lots of gas treasure hunting, and I don't use deceptive shipping practices to recoup my costs.

I didnt realize he had priority on all of his auctions. That isnt right. I am too a seller and I charge just enough to keep my shipping supplies on hand. I was thinking this may of been a mistake, but I realize now it wasnt. All I can say for a buyer is that if you dont agree to shipping dont bid and look at feedback. I have 100 percent feedback on ebay and have been selling for 10 years. I have had 3 non paying bidders the last month that had perfect feedback,its a shame that only buyers can weed out the bad sellers, and sellers cant tell if they have a good bidder or not. Ebay has created this feedback problem and its only gonna get worse..

I paid $4.99 for shipping and it was shipped first class for $2.38. I don't mind that. What I mind is that is was shipped in

an envelope and not a box.

I'm not going to leave a negative and I am still debating whether or not to leave a neutral.

In the auction it states flat rate shipping cost and doesn't specify first class or priority.

I paid $4.99 for shipping and it was shipped first class for $2.38. I don't mind that. What I mind is that is was shipped in

I'm not going to leave a negative and I am still debating whether or not to leave a neutral.

In the auction it states flat rate shipping cost and doesn't specify first class or priority.

When I ship a game, I ship it well protected, I want it to look just like it looks in the picture on the auction. I really want the buyer to be happy with their purchase.

Ahh ok. I think the dealer should have sent it in a box to. Neut it is. :)

Meh. Maybe not neg worthy. Although being Priority shipping is $4.80, most people would assume know that $4.99 is paying for priority. No box necessary, it's provided by the P.O. Instead, he sends it another method and essentially charges a 200% markup. So, considering he could have charged you the same amount and sent priority at no expense, his sending it another method and charging twice what it actually cost means one thing; He charged you to pad his profit, or to offset fees ( both of which are against ebays TOS)

I would send a polite email, and if he's nice about it whether or not he refuses a partial refund, I'd just give him a neutral and one star for shiping. If he gave me the BS "the shipping was stated up front", or "it cost me for supplies/gas, etc I'd still neg him.

More than ever I love the sheisters who state this bullcrap about the "expense" of shipping. I notice on Chase the Chuckwagon so far nobody pulls that crap. Why? Because the fees there are lower. To me that's proof that the excessive shipping always has and always will be about increasing profit through deception.

As for the comment by atarian63 about the guy having to pack the item and drive it to the post, that simply doesn't wash with me. (I'm setting aside the possibility that the seller might not have sold this item at all without eBay as a venue.) I mean, what about the seller's wear and tear on his car (tires, engine oil, brakes) - assuming he is using a car at all and not a bike or a moose or having the PO do a pick up - or what about the seller's cost of his internet connection or his electricity to power his computer? What about Atarian7's electricity for the computer and cost of the internet connection? Yes, this is silly, which is my point.

sorry it's not silly, complaining about $6 shipping is pretty silly, The sellers time, packaging and gas all cost. Don't like it, don't buy.

An example is when we ship a 30lbs item, the box is custom made dbl walled, cost about $5, bubble wrap 4" all sides another 10 or so and paying the guy who packs it amd his time processing the paperwork, emails etc related to the shipping, so you are at $20 before the fed ex charge. Silly buyers never take into account costs.

Buyer paid $6.55 s/h for a stated service which was not used by the seller. Actual shipping charge = $2.08, so $4.47 for a bubble envelope and the "time, packaging, and gas"? Give me a fucking break.

And yes, when I see a silly seller trying to do some shenanigans with the shipping, I don't give the seller my money.

Good for you, whining and leaving negs solve nothing. Someone else will buy what you don't, have no worry.

Edited by atarian63

Meh. Maybe not neg worthy. Although being Priority shipping is $4.80, most people would assume know that $4.99 is paying for priority. No box necessary, it's provided by the P.O. Instead, he sends it another method and essentially charges a 200% markup. So, considering he could have charged you the same amount and sent priority at no expense, his sending it another method and charging twice what it actually cost means one thing; He charged you to pad his profit, or to offset fees ( both of which are against ebays TOS)

I would send a polite email, and if he's nice about it whether or not he refuses a partial refund, I'd just give him a neutral and one star for shiping. If he gave me the BS "the shipping was stated up front", or "it cost me for supplies/gas, etc I'd still neg him.

More than ever I love the sheisters who state this bullcrap about the "expense" of shipping. I notice on Chase the Chuckwagon so far nobody pulls that crap. Why? Because the fees there are lower. To me that's proof that the excessive shipping always has and always will be about increasing profit through deception.

You'll love this then, ebay wants sellers to do free shipping. sounds good huh? When we called ebay they said "oh, well just raise your price". That is what they are telling sellers so it's there even if the shipping is "free".

And yes, when I see a silly seller trying to do some shenanigans with the shipping, I don't give the seller my money.

Good for you, whining and leaving negs solve nothing. Someone else will buy what you don't, have no worry.

You really are opinionated on this issue. I assume you like to profit off of shipping also. This person shipped with 1st class and I paid for without Insurance. He did not use insurance and it is against Ebay policy to list it and self insure. The reason I bought it is because the person has 100% listed, but that is hidden by the new way ebay is feedback is calculated. I felt $6.55 was reasonable if I got the shipping method I paid for. I did not and will be asking for the difference.

Would you do me a favor and post your eBay id, so I (and other interested parties) know not to buy anything from you...and any like-minded people.

Agreed. Normally I don't in any way, shape, or form respond to him for obvious reasons, but I'd love to know his ID (if indeed he actually is a seller since most of his posts reek of exaggeration) to add him to my list of sellers to avoid.

Would you do me a favor and post your eBay id, so I (and other interested parties) know not to buy anything from you...and any like-minded people.

Please, I don't look for trolls

Agreed. Normally I don't in any way, shape, or form respond to him for obvious reasons, but I'd love to know his ID (if indeed he actually is a seller since most of his posts reek of exaggeration) to add him to my list of sellers to avoid.

You really are funny, seem like success escapes you so you don't understand it in others. I usually ignore yours as well as they are of a negative unproductive nature.

You really are opinionated on this issue. I assume you like to profit off of shipping also. This person shipped with 1st class and I paid for without Insurance. He did not use insurance and it is against Ebay policy to list it and self insure. The reason I bought it is because the person has 100% listed, but that is hidden by the new way ebay is feedback is calculated. I felt $6.55 was reasonable if I got the shipping method I paid for. I did not and will be asking for the difference.

That is surely your perogative.

Being opinionated is due to a few whiners over the years. Your case though appears to be valid, though why complain about such a small issue? I frequently pay for repair parts that are $9 and shipping is $15 for a 3oz item. I am still glad to be able to get the item or part that I need. He should have shipped priority as stated so if you are so inclined you certainly have some point.

Hopefully ebay will return the feedback system to normal so both sides (your case an exception) can be heard.

You really are funny, seem like success escapes you so you don't understand it in others. I usually ignore yours as well as they are of a negative unproductive nature.

Sure. whatever you say.

...And your ebay ID is...???

Sure. whatever you say.

Ok. Whatever, you give up. Works for me.

Like.. no Trolls. I could use your ebay ID so I can Pre block you though.

Edited by atarian63

Sure. whatever you say.

I'm not the only one who asked yours. I was right. You're lying as with most of your posts.

I'm done with you until you come clean. Meantime you've been called out as a liar. Prove otherwise.

Sure. whatever you say.

I'm not the only one who asked yours. I was right. You're lying as with most of your posts.

I'm done with you until you come clean. Meantime you've been called out as a liar. Prove otherwise.

More insults from a king of liars, Your posts are really out there, negative and hostile.My suggestion to you is troll elsewhere. Sorry you can't get your way, go cry to mama young boy.

I have been done with you for a long time, again.. go troll somewhere else.

Edited by atarian63