IGNORED

top 5 games u wished 5200 released

phuzaxeman

mine are here...what would your list look like?

1) alternate reality - best 8bit rpg game ever.....check out my review ---> http://www.ataritimes.com/article.php?showarticle=248 having a cart would be awesome and fast

2) tron - how kck a$$ would it be to have this game on the 5200 using the dual stick? the soundtrack is one of the best

3) summer games was one of the best sports game ever on the 8bit. it would have been awesome on the 5200.

3) cloak and dagger - i'd want the real thing on a real cart! movie was cool too...

4) star castle - my 1st video game i played as a little kid..vector graphics rocked on this game.

5) karate champ - the father of all fighting games .... imagine two dual joysticks to use for the 4 port system

mine are here...what would your list look like?

1) alternate reality - best 8bit rpg game ever.....check out my review ---> http://www.ataritimes.com/article.php?showarticle=248 having a cart would be awesome and fast

2) tron - how kck a$$ would it be to have this game on the 5200 using the dual stick? the soundtrack is one of the best

3) summer games was one of the best sports game ever on the 8bit. it would have been awesome on the 5200.

3) cloak and dagger - i'd want the real thing on a real cart! movie was cool too...

4) star castle - my 1st video game i played as a little kid..vector graphics rocked on this game.

5) karate champ - the father of all fighting games .... imagine two dual joysticks to use for the 4 port system

I agree on summer games and I also would have liked galaga and I wished atari would have had Turbo. It was the only game on coleco I really liked.

5200 versions of Enduro, Robot Tank, and Phoenix would have rocked back in the day.

Enduro could have had improved visuals, bg music, and more depth -- rivals, money prizes, gear shifting, different types of cars, etc.

Robot Tank could have had more depth as well. Imagine actually seeing snow flakes and rain drops.

I'd have loved to have had Turbo ... that game was so awesome in the arcades. At least we got Pole Position which I though was a good version.

Smurf Rescue In Gargamel's Castle. (Too bad there wasn't a ColecoSoft division!)

I will second that! Smurf is one of my favorite Colecovision games and I enjoy the 2600 version very much as well. A 5200 version would've rocked, and added a much needed adventure game to the 5200 library.

Rampage and Double Dragon weren't created until 1986/7, well after the 5200 went out of commission. I also don't think you can pick many of the XE games, because they were probably too big for the 5200.

I realize these have been converted/repro'd recently, but Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., the Imagic games Atlantis and Demon Attack, and the E.T. Phone Home! Atari 800 game. An actually good looking E.T. game. Honorable mention to the Atari 5200 kids controller and games. The 2600 versions were great.

Rampage and Double Dragon weren't created until 1986/7, well after the 5200 went out of commission. I also don't think you can pick many of the XE games, because they were probably too big for the 5200.

I realize these have been converted/repro'd recently, but Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., the Imagic games Atlantis and Demon Attack, and the E.T. Phone Home! Atari 800 game. An actually good looking E.T. game. Honorable mention to the Atari 5200 kids controller and games. The 2600 versions were great.

I don't think E.T. was ever converted to the 5200.

Allan

I don't think E.T. was ever converted to the 5200.

Not the 2600 version anyway...

Programmed by John Seghers for Atari. This version of E.T. was to be (thankfully) completely different than the 2600 version. Gameplay would have included E.T. running away from FBI agents in the woods, among other things. John remembers saving his work for this game on some development disks, but to date has be unable to locate them.

http://www.atariprotos.com/rumormill/5200/5200rumor.htm#E

Tempest

Rampage and Double Dragon weren't created until 1986/7, well after the 5200 went out of commission.

I know this. This is just a wish that it was. Remember this is just a thread too have wished what would have been released for the system. 1984 decommisioned 5200. Rampage released 1986. Double Dragon released 1989 all after Coin-ops I know I know. Some can't ever give anybody a want or wish without thinking they know everything. :P

5200 versions of Enduro, Robot Tank, and Phoenix would have rocked back in the day.

Enduro could have had improved visuals, bg music, and more depth -- rivals, money prizes, gear shifting, different types of cars, etc.

Robot Tank could have had more depth as well. Imagine actually seeing snow flakes and rain drops.

I'd have loved to have had Turbo ... that game was so awesome in the arcades. At least we got Pole Position which I though was a good version.

Enduro is mu favorite 2600 racing games. would have been awesome with the analog controller worked in and some more color.

Rampage and Double Dragon weren't created until 1986/7, well after the 5200 went out of commission.

I know this. This is just a wish that it was. Remember this is just a thread too have wished what would have been released for the system. 1984 decommissioned 5200. Rampage released 1986. Double Dragon released 1989 all after Coin-ops I know I know. Some can't ever give anybody a want or wish without thinking they know everything. :P

My point was that you couldn't expect Double Dragon or even Rampage to look anywhere near the arcade on a 5200? But then I remembered they made them for the 2600. Ha ha ha. I stand corrected. Those 2600 games looked pretty bad, good for the 2600, but bad.