IGNORED

7800 Tank Command CIB

the.golden.ax

Just a couple of pointers:

first, you may find the label crooked. Both of my Froggo carts are like this.

second, I believe Froggo carts use EPROMs. There's been talk of bit rot or something that kills the data in an EPROM over time. The chip itself is still good, but the data within is corrupt. I haven't seen this, but my games might only be a few weeks from their death due to this.

BTW, I got my loose Tank Command from J2 games a couple years back. They were very professional. I paid over $100 by the time shipping and everything was added, but I realized I should jump on it right then if I wanted it. Although it is a very tough game, I still got some good play time out of it.

Edited by shadow460

Just a couple of pointers:

first, you may find the label crooked. Both of my Froggo carts are like this.

second, I believe Froggo carts use EPROMs. There's been talk of bit rot or something that kills the data in an EPROM over time. The chip itself is still good, but the data within is corrupt. I haven't seen this, but my games might only be a few weeks from their death due to this.

BTW, I got my loose Tank Command from J2 games a couple years back. They were very professional. I paid over $100 by the time shipping and everything was added, but I realized I should jump on it right then if I wanted it. Although it is a very tough game, I still got some good play time out of it.

bit rot gets to much credit as it barely ever happens, also I think you just got the shitty end of the stick with your games as all the froggo's I've had (which is ALOT of them) not one had a bunk label like yours.

hmm - hope that you don't have any probs with it Ax-

In the listing:

"I do also want to add that I have never, ever tried this cartridge"

vs. in the Q&A:

"I've played it on my North American 7800 at some point in the past."

He sounds like a Republican...

Oh, and congrats - I guess !!! $$$ 355.00 $$$ !!! ;)

Edited by anicetyguy

hmm - hope that you don't have any probs with it Ax-

In the listing:

"I do also want to add that I have never, ever tried this cartridge"

vs. in the Q&A:

"I've played it on my North American 7800 at some point in the past."

He sounds like a Republican...

Oh, and congrats - I guess !!! $$$ 355.00 $$$ !!! ;)

Yeah, I noticed that as well, but with the high feedback and past history, photo's look great, I'll look past his trying to sell the bill... err... I mean... the game.

and remember, Bill didn't have relations with that woman... lying is bipartisian. :D

AX

Was this game ever released in the UK or somewhere else other than USA?

I really doubt it. As I understand it from the Froggo company history it was NTSC only. Anyone know otherwise?

AX

Yup, only NTSC!

What scares me is the bit rot.

How should a person keep the game (under what condition) in order to prevent this? Environmental factors? Temperature? Mositure? Usage?

Was this game ever released in the UK or somewhere else other than USA?

I really doubt it. As I understand it from the Froggo company history it was NTSC only. Anyone know otherwise?

AX

Yup, only NTSC!

What scares me is the bit rot.

How should a person keep the game (under what condition) in order to prevent this? Environmental factors? Temperature? Mositure? Usage?

I'm no expert,but im petty sure you can't do much to PREVENT bit rot.Its pretty much up to MURPHY'S LAW,and plain old time and wear and tear.

Long ago this was the holy grail of 7800 than title match took over. Looks like this one is making a comeback to retake the crown !

Who would win in a fight? A cherry CIB TitleMatch or a Sealed Tank Command. :D

I'm glad I finished 7800 CIB awhile ago...in this day and age, I don't want to be looking for titles like this anymore

Long ago this was the holy grail of 7800 than title match took over. Looks like this one is making a comeback to retake the crown !

Got a sealed Tank Command recently.

Won't open it, but I am playing it on a spare cartridge...wow the game is terrible...

Edited by megasdkirby

Got a sealed Tank Command recently.

Won't open it, but I am playing it on a spare cartridge...wow the game is terrible...

Ya got a sealed Tank Command. What did you pay for it? :?

Yeah, he apparently paid $190. Kudos. Just wish people who knew it was available for $190 didn't bid my proxy to the max (to the penny!) :D but that's okay I'm good. Really...

I just glad to hear he won't open it. I offered to trade him, if he was going to open the new copy. No one should oepn a new Tank Command. A) crummy game B) drops the value, but should anyone feel the need... I'd be happy to trade them an open for a sealed.

AX

Yeah, he apparently paid $190. Kudos. Just wish people who knew it was available for $190 didn't bid my proxy to the max (to the penny!) :D but that's okay I'm good. Really...

I just glad to hear he won't open it. I offered to trade him, if he was going to open the new copy. No one should oepn a new Tank Command. A) crummy game B) drops the value, but should anyone feel the need... I'd be happy to trade them an open for a sealed.

AX

I was trying to forget about it... :( *goes to cry in a corner*

Even now I shiver whenever I remember it. :P Not that I regret it...well, I kinda do, but not in a bad way. I'm happy that I won it, but...argh...don't even know how to explain it!

I've been playing the game recently...it's not that bad, but it's really unfair. Controls bite.

Yeah, I won't open the game. I know it's kinda off topic, but is there a way to make another reproduction? I'm mostly interested in a type of "Sean Kelly" multicart full of 7800 games.

I can post some pics of the game if anyone likes to see. Box is a wee bit squished, but I don't mind. At least I got it, which makes me happy. :)

Edited by megasdkirby

AX

I was trying to forget about it... :( *goes to cry in a corner*

Even now I shiver whenever I remember it. :P Not that I regret it...well, I kinda do, but not in a bad way. I'm happy that I won it, but...argh...don't even know how to explain it!

I've been playing the game recently...it's not that bad, but it's really unfair. Controls bite.

Yeah, I won't open the game. I know it's kinda off topic, but is there a way to make another reproduction? I'm mostly interested in a type of "Sean Kelly" multicart full of 7800 games.

I can post some pics of the game if anyone likes to see. Box is a wee bit squished, but I don't mind. At least I got it, which makes me happy. :)

Weren't you the one, that Was saying, no cart is worth a grand or over, but yet $200 is ok. :ponder: