IGNORED

Wow! This went high!

ninermaniac

I believe someone really wanted this to complete their cart! :-o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=003

Maybe he didn't see the part, where the Cart was not included. :D I would give $150 for the box and Instructions myself. :)

The cart being in the pic drove up that price IMO and the seller just got a headache of a sale to deal with. Thats my take on it.

And I think you shouldnt have the cart in the pic if it isnt for sale.

But thats just me I guess.

$15 to ship a Box is a good one too!

Surprised that this wasnt pulled by Ebay for that reason.

Edited by Phantom

I believe someone really wanted this to complete their cart! :-o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=003

Maybe he didn't see the part, where the Cart was not included. :D I would give $150 for the box and Instructions myself. :)

The cart being in the pic drove up that price IMO and the seller just got a headache of a sale to deal with. Thats my take on it.

And I think you shouldnt have the cart in the pic if it isnt for sale.

But thats just me I guess.

$15 to ship a Box is a good one too!

Surprised that this wasnt pulled by Ebay for that reason.

Well, it is an oversized box. :roll: :D

I don't think that this price was too much for the box only. The cart is tough to find, the box really really tough. If I didn't have one, I probably would have paid that much for the box/inst without feeling horrible about it. Of course, it's always better to have paid less.

ian

I don't think that this price was too much for the box only. The cart is tough to find, the box really really tough. If I didn't have one, I probably would have paid that much for the box/inst without feeling horrible about it. Of course, it's always better to have paid less.

ian

I think the box & instructions are more common than the cart. Remember the same set were used for the C64 too, only with added stickers. I believe someone sold around a dozen or so new BBSB! boxes & docs a few years back at CGE for $100 a pop. I've seen the NIB C64 versions on ebay before too, with this oversized 5200 box hiding under the stickers & shrinkwrap. It's easy enough to fix. Finding the 5200 cart is the tough part.

I do think having the cart in the pictures bumped the bids up, and hope the winning bidder read fully. I would question whether that was even the same box being auctioned or f those pictures were from somewhere else. Why would you leave the cart in the shots?

ian

I think the box & instructions are more common than the cart. Remember the same set were used for the C64 too, only with added stickers. I believe someone sold around a dozen or so new BBSB! boxes & docs a few years back at CGE for $100 a pop. I've seen the NIB C64 versions on ebay before too, with this oversized 5200 box hiding under the stickers & shrinkwrap. It's easy enough to fix. Finding the 5200 cart is the tough part.

I do think having the cart in the pictures bumped the bids up, and hope the winning bidder read fully. I would question whether that was even the same box being auctioned or f those pictures were from somewhere else. Why would you leave the cart in the shots?

True my friend. I bought one of those boxes. He had like 20 of em. I think it was 4 jay. He was cool. I got mine in trade. :P But I sold My CIB Bounty Bob a while back, But I still have a cart. :D

If I remember Correctly, I saw Ian buy one to. HHE

Edited by hhwolfman

I expected this to hit around $300. This is a really rare set of box and instructions.

BBSB listings (initial listing info only) on eBay over the last two years or so:

CIB - 1/11/07 - seller in UK

CIB = $649.95 BIN - 1/18/07

CIB = $579.95 BIN - 3/04/07 *relist

CIB = $649.95 / $799.95 BIN - 05/01/07 *relist

cart only - 5/20/07

cart only = $299 / $325 BIN - 5/24/07

CIB = $549.95 / $649.95 BIN - 05/24/07 *relist

CIB = $569.95 BIN - 8/13/08 *relist

CIB = $550 BIN - 8/21/07

CIB = $550 BIN - 9/18/07 *relist

CIB = $600 BIN - 12/16/2007

cart only - 1/1/08

cart only - 1/14/08 *relist

CIB = $699.99 BIN - 1/19/08

CIB = $675 BIN - 2/14/08 *relist

cart only (w/ Miner 2049er) - 3/22/08

cart only (w/ Miner 2049er) - opening bid $300 - 3/22/08 *relist

CIB = $599.95 BIN - 4/13/08 *relist

CIB = $599.95 BIN - 4/23/08 *relist

CIB = $599.95 BIN - 5/08/08 *relist

CIB = $599.95 BIN - 7/25/08 *relist

CIB = $599.95 BIN - 9/02/08 *relist

CIB = $529 BIN - finally sold [from one AtariAger to another] with best offer of $440 - 9/18/08 *relist

Over this time there have only been about 4 loose carts (individual listings) offered for sale and about 3 CIB copies, 2 of which were relisted repeatedly.

I expected this to hit around $300. This is a really rare set of box and instructions.

BBSB listings (initial listing info only) on eBay over the last two years or so:

CIB - 1/11/07 - seller in UK

CIB = $649.95 BIN - 1/18/07

CIB = $579.95 BIN - 3/04/07 *relist

CIB = $649.95 / $799.95 BIN - 05/01/07 *relist

cart only - 5/20/07

cart only = $299 / $325 BIN - 5/24/07

CIB = $549.95 / $649.95 BIN - 05/24/07 *relist

CIB = $569.95 BIN - 8/13/08 *relist

CIB = $550 BIN - 8/21/07

CIB = $550 BIN - 9/18/07 *relist

CIB = $600 BIN - 12/16/2007

cart only - 1/1/08

cart only - 1/14/08 *relist

CIB = $699.99 BIN - 1/19/08

CIB = $675 BIN - 2/14/08 *relist

cart only (w/ Miner 2049er) - 3/22/08

cart only (w/ Miner 2049er) - opening bid $300 - 3/22/08 *relist

CIB = $599.95 BIN - 4/13/08 *relist

CIB = $599.95 BIN - 4/23/08 *relist

CIB = $599.95 BIN - 5/08/08 *relist

CIB = $599.95 BIN - 7/25/08 *relist

CIB = $599.95 BIN - 9/02/08 *relist

CIB = $529 BIN - finally sold [from one AtariAger to another] with best offer of $440 - 9/18/08 *relist

Over this time there have only been about 4 loose carts (individual listings) offered for sale and about 3 CIB copies, 2 of which were relisted repeatedly.

I have sold 3 over the last 3 years.

2005 loose for $500

2007 boxed for $525

2008 loose for $500

From what I hear an authorized reproduction of Bounty Bob might be sold soon. If this is true I expect the price of Bounty Bob to come down though it will still hold value for those collectors who are only satisfied with the original and who can afford it.

Edited by holygrailvideogames.com

From what I hear an authorized reproduction of Bounty Bob might be sold soon. If this is true I expect the price of Bounty Bob to come down though it will still hold value for those collectors who are only satisfied with the original and who can afford it.

It should be interesting what will happen if this come's out. There has never been an official reproduction of a super rare commercially released game that stopped selling over 25 years ago. There are some questions that come to mind.

1. Will it say that it's a reproduction?

2. If not will they attempt an exact reproduction?

3. If they attempt an exact reproduction how easy will it be able to tell the difference between the two?

CIB = $600 BIN - 12/16/2007 I sold one on this date for best offer of $450 BIN may of been $600 but the sell price was $450 If you search completed auctions you will see the listing price of the BIN on auctions that have sold, but if you click them and read the details it should give you the actual sell price which is often less.

CIB = $600 BIN - 12/16/2007 I sold one on this date for best offer of $450 BIN may of been $600 but the sell price was $450 If you search completed auctions you will see the listing price of the BIN on auctions that have sold, but if you click them and read the details it should give you the actual sell price which is often less.

I agree with the price of $450 to $500 CIB

ian

True my friend. I bought one of those boxes. He had like 20 of em. I think it was 4 jay. He was cool. I got mine in trade. :P But I sold My CIB Bounty Bob a while back, But I still have a cart. :D

If I remember Correctly, I saw Ian buy one to. HHE

I got one that day from 4jays also for $100 that was a rush to his table when the word got out.

I remember this was the same seller that sold a loose River Patrol a few months back that caught a mint. Shipping on it was outrageous as well, and the auction listing included a picture of dumb blonde. I guess she figures she has a free pass to rape collectors on shipping prices to recoup her ebay fees... whatever.

I just pulled initial listings for the list I produced. Unless I am tracking a particular auction, I don't tend to note final hammer prices. Given that this auction is almost 2 years old, looking at completed auctions through eBay is impossible because the listing has been removed (that's what eBay says, I wonder if there computer records are actually backed up for much longer). I'm curious, is there a third-party service that keeps this information?

I agree with the price of $450 to $500 CIB

I generally agree with you that this is a +/- $450 title CIB.

I just pulled initial listings for the list I produced. Unless I am tracking a particular auction, I don't tend to note final hammer prices. Given that this auction is almost 2 years old, looking at completed auctions through eBay is impossible because the listing has been removed (that's what eBay says, I wonder if there computer records are actually backed up for much longer). I'm curious, is there a third-party service that keeps this information?

I usually snipe with either bidnip or esnipe & both are trackable going back years. I do like that just for my records. Nice to see what I was bidding on, how much I paid or lost by, and how much auctions went for if my snipe was too low to go through. As a seller, I believe I can go back a year viewing the FVFs on my listings. For the above title though, I had FVFs go through on Dec 17th of 07 for my CIB Bounty Bob which was sold at $450.

• 2 weeks later...
I have sold 3 over the last 3 years.

2005 loose for $500

2007 boxed for $525

2008 loose for $500

Sounds like a box is worth all of 25 dollars !

Yes he is very lucky for getting $500 for a $250 to $300 cart. I have bougth two in the last 6 years. One of them I got from Hardie. $150 and it was Cherryyy. I put with the Box and Sold it for around what VGA Sold it for, When I needed some cash. I picked up another loose cart, a couple of months ago for about the same $150. Now I just picked up the box. Thanks ninermaniac it is very nice. :D . I am keeping this one. I guess I am just lucky on this title. :)

Edited by hhwolfman

Yes he is very lucky for getting $500 for a $250 to $300 cart. I have bougth two in the last 6 years. One of them I got from Hardie. $150 and it was Cherryyy. I put with the Box and Sold it for around what VGA Sold it for, When I needed some cash. I picked up another loose cart, a couple of months ago for about the same $150. Now I just picked up the box. Thanks ninermaniac it is very nice. :D . I am keeping this one. I guess I am just lucky on this title. :)

Well, since you're keeping that one, send your luck my way, BBSB is the last 5200 title I need, and of course I want a CIB copy to go with the rest of my CIB 5200 library.

Well, since you're keeping that one, send your luck my way, BBSB is the last 5200 title I need, and of course I want a CIB copy to go with the rest of my CIB 5200 library.

I am sending luck right now. fing02.gif If I ever see one, I will keep you in mind. BTW Cool Conan 70s Marvel Sticker. I have a few of those around here, From when I was a kid. :)