IGNORED

which games truly use the analog control

bohoki

i was thinking as i play my game with my digital converted joystick which games actually use the analog porportional control and which just haev a threash hold for absolute directions

games like frogger,mr do,montezumas revenge,berzerk just seem to be absolute direction control

definatly missile command,super breakout,star wars have absolute positioning

is there a list that i missed?

yep definatly gorf

galaxian is very playable with digital but i guess it helps popping the little guys with the sword when you can move more slowly

Edited by bohoki

i was thinking as i play my game with my digital converted joystick which games actually use the analog porportional control and which just haev a threash hold for absolute directions

games like frogger,mr do,montezumas revenge,berzerk just seem to be absolute direction control

definatly missile command,super breakout,star wars have absolute positioning

is there a list that i missed?

yep definatly gorf

galaxian is very playable with digital but i guess it helps popping the little guys with the sword when you can move more slowly

I guess you could also ask that out of those that do use the analog nature of the Atari 5200 joystick, how many use it on both axes since you could always wire up an Atari 2600 paddle controller for one-axis analog motion and definitely works better than the Atari 5200 stick for games like Super Breakout.

i guess what i was really asking is which games require the analog

like missile command,superbreakout,gorf ,kaboom,star wars

ones that had absolute positioning

not like say galaxian where a little push makes the ship move a little faster in that direction

hmm i wonder how that game would be if all the way left was all the way left center was center and right was right

i guess what i was really asking is which games require the analog

like missile command,superbreakout,gorf ,kaboom,star wars

ones that had absolute positioning

not like say galaxian where a little push makes the ship move a little faster in that direction

hmm i wonder how that game would be if all the way left was all the way left center was center and right was right

You may be interested in this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=320313463370

I get higher scores when I use this over the Atari 5200 stock controller.

Missile Command.

Star Raiders. Notice how moving the stick a little turns you slowly, while moving it more moves you more quickly.

Pole Position.

Super Breakout.

Except for Star Raiders, none of the above can be properly played with a digital controller.

i have no problem playing pole position with digital

Missile Command.

Star Raiders. Notice how moving the stick a little turns you slowly, while moving it more moves you more quickly.

Pole Position.

Super Breakout.

Except for Star Raiders, none of the above can be properly played with a digital controller.

What digital controller did you use-- trackball?

Missile Command.

Pole Position.

Super Breakout.

What digital controller did you use-- trackball?

i have a couple one offs

one i made and one i adapted

DCP_6581.jpg

autofire is so cool on joust

Edited by bohoki

• 4 weeks later...
The problem with Pole Position is that you skid every time when you use a digital controller- the more gradual turning isn't possible. This is why it plays so well with a paddle controller.

It's also hard to keep the car from going straight with a digital joystick as sometimes joystick is not exactly centered. On the Atari 800 however, the digital joystick works good as there's an exact way to read center position.