IGNORED

I smell something here.

ninermaniac

As stated in the auction I have had that cartridge for at least a couple of years. I was getting together games for an Atari 2600 package and was short on games. I was going to include this in the lot when I decided to test the cartridge out. I was pretty surprised that Crossbow was inside of it even though it says Crossbow in writing on the cart. I don't know if it is a proto, production mistake or something else. This is how I received the cartridge a long time ago.

Edited by holygrailvideogames.com

As stated in the auction I have had that cartridge for at least a couple of years. I was getting together games for an Atari 2600 package and was short on games. I was going to include this in the lot when I decided to test the cartridge out. I was pretty surprised that Crossbow was inside of it even though it says Crossbow in writing on the cart. I don't know if it is a proto, production mistake or something else. This is how I received the cartridge a long time ago.

Seriously you need to give it a rest, I have stuff exactely like this that I purchased for $2 because even as you barely kinda not really manage to point out and looking from the pictures it ain't worth $50.

The case screw being exposed is a dead giveaway. My friend who sells games at the swap meet won't accept carts after that's happened.

Maybe a long time ago the owner before you, Grail, had a broken cart for Crossbow and two Galaxians. Swapped the innards, fixed it but left the label. The change just never got "recorded" on the outside of the cart, though.

Nathan

Ok, usually I don't get into these things, but trying to say that's something more exciting than what happens when someone who likes Crossbow better than Galaxian breaks the case on their Crossbow cart is a new low in trying to lure people into getting ripped off.

I am not trying to rip anyone off. As I stated this is how I received the cartridge.

The first time that I listed this I started the bidding off at $9.95.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...y0%3D%26fvi%3D1

If someone tells me how to open up the cartridge without tearing apart the case I will open it and see what is inside. I took out the screw but the cartridge doesn't just open up.

I really am not trying to cause a big stank about the cart I just thought you might have some knowledge that these carts can be manipulated by switching the innards out with something else that might have had a broken case. If you really don't know then just you don't know. I understand that and I do apologize to you if I have offended you in that way. It just seems that you have a good knowledge about games in general and I just didn't want you to make a wrong decision by selling something that can be made that way very easily. Open the case by inserting a thin butter knife slightly through the front slot by carefully raising the inner protector then pushing the slot in with your finger while holding open the slot with the butter knife then CAREFULLY pull it apart. Once the slot is pushed in it shouldn't take much force. :)

I've seen this happen on CD or DVD based games, but I don't think of it as particularly valuable. After all, why would I want a common game with the wrong label on it? This is just lame, particularly since this is obviously not a mistake.

When I worked at Sony this happened sometimes. We had 4 shifts and whatever shift screwed it up it didnt really matter, they would call a meeting at the end of a 12 hour day and tell us all off. Funny thing was it was never our shift yet it somehow is all shifts fault. Now I could see sharing this info with all shifts and employees but to ream out all of them and everyone I thought was idiotic. The last thing I wanted to hear is how we all suck at the end of a long day when it wasnt even our fault. What would happen was they have a place called handpack. Usually the newbies worked there until they got trained on machines but if it called for it, anyone could get handpack for the day and they were generally cool about letting you do handpack if you were under the weather if it was rare for you to be sick. You couldnt volunteer for it often or you'd look like a lazy SOB. Anyhow, Many PS games needed this and sometimes there would be multiple games in handpack to be put together at once. Especially when they started doing DVDs and PS2 Games in DVD cases. Well newbies, many times which are temps or sometimes even dopes running the machines would put the wrong spindle of product on the machine without realizing it til it was too late and then they would go out to the store until someone would complain and then they would come back. when we got returns, they all went to handpack as well and you'd have to reopen each game by hand after peeling of the wrap and top Sticker seal and then replace the mistake with what was supposed to be in there. There are many reasons that mistakes like that happen...material handlers could give you the wrong spindles and then an entire run could be messed up. Youre supposed to check each run ahead of time to make sure you have the right product but as we know, many people are lazy. It was 12 hour shifts 4 days straight and 3 days off and alternating nights for 2 months and day shift for 2 months. So during the 4 days of work, it always felt like you were working and then going to bed and then woring again but if people would check things like theyre supposed to, that wouldntb happen and it never happened on a crew I was on. Anyhow, that was when people actually bought CDs and PS was the king. Internet music and Xbox killed jobs at Sony for sure as it has never been as busy since and that was the beginning of the end in 2001. Anyhow, youre comment about getting the wrong game in DVD/CD based items brought back some memories. There are many different ways to place the wrong disk in a CD/Game/DVD case but it all comes back to paying attention to what youre doing. Thats it. Cheers

... If you really don't know then just you don't know. I understand that and I do apologize to you if I have offended you in that way... :)

Let's not play patty-cake with McGrail here (que the knee-jerk "McGail is good seller!" defenders). You were right to bring this auction up. This is pathetic. The item in this listing is worth no more than a loose 2600 Crossbow game in terrible condition. The fact that this is being listed as some kind of $50 miracle ultra-rare factory error is just pathetic.