IGNORED

Attention Postage Police

hhwolfman

The USPS rates are all wacky for packages now, they charge dimensional weight for some things that go to further zones. It only comes to $11.15 for me, but I am in the next state over. If you are on the other side of the country then it is pretty expensive, but that is the USPS calculated rate, not fluff. Take up your beef with the US Post Office I guess.

The seller would probably pay less for UPS service, but that is his option.

shipping value is all relative

if its a 50$ game and free shipping its the same as

10.00 and 40.00 shipping

some people with never get that :cool:

I understand this and have always said the same thing. I just like riling up, the Postage Police. :D

I know... most people do When I sell on ebay I offer free shipping so say a game i want to get 30.00 for i charge 30 and free shipping

How can you argue that selling it for 15 with 15 shipping is any different? Some people just need to complain about something I guess

but that is the USPS calculated rate, not fluff. Take up your beef with the US Post Office I guess.

True. But you forget, some members of the postage police don't even care if the price IS what the actual price is, but rather that it should be their right to dictate what shipping method a seller should use.

a> $8 for UPS shipping, thats excessive. Reported.

b> No it's not, it's actually cheap because UPS calculates it to really cost $9.50

a> It's excessive. FlyByNight shipping only costs $3.25, and I expect to not have to pay anymore then that. Reported.

b> Go away you loon.

10.00 and 40.00 shipping

No it isn't.

If you want to be "technical" about it. But from a realistic perspective of a satasified buyer's side, it's not as either way they are the getting the same thing for the same total amount spent in both cases. Don't care about fee avoidance and junk because it don't effect what the buyer is getting/spending.

Ok well maybe not everyone has basic math skills? :roll:
More like not everyone has the basic skills to see beyond their own noses.

Some people have the skills to use really lame emoticons though.

10.00 and 40.00 shipping

No it isn't.

If you want to be "technical" about it.

If you receive defective merchandise and the seller's refund policy doesn't include shipping costs, you'll quickly realize there's nothing "technical" about it.

10.00 and 40.00 shipping

No it isn't.

If you receive defective merchandise and the seller's refund policy doesn't include shipping costs, you'll quickly realize there's nothing "technical" about it.

Noted.

but that is the USPS calculated rate, not fluff. Take up your beef with the US Post Office I guess.

True. But you forget, some members of the postage police don't even care if the price IS what the actual price is, but rather that it should be their right to dictate what shipping method a seller should use.

b> No it's not, it's actually cheap because UPS calculates it to really cost $9.50

a> It's excessive. FlyByNight shipping only costs $3.25, and I expect to not have to pay anymore then that. Reported.

b> Go away you loon.

BTW, that's a handsome strawman you've constructed there.

Edited by Christophero Sly

b> Go away you loon.

BTW, that's a handsome strawman you've constructed there.

This actually happened. Find and read a particular "locked" shipping cost thread here on AA from a few years ago.

10.00 and 40.00 shipping

No it isn't.

Absolutely.

Tho, I did specificly say from a satisfied buyers side, which you left out. Besides, Ebay & Paypal is so f--ked up, you're likely to get screwed regardless. :P

10.00 and 40.00 shipping

No it isn't.

Ebay does not require that

I think the point folks keep missing with this topic is Ebay is an auction site Amazon is a buying site. Why bring up Amazon? Because thats where most of the people on Ebay should be selling their items.

When folks list on ebay you put a low price on it to entice others to bid on your items, thats the way it works But! putting a buy it now or reserve on that auction will either drive away potential buyers or not get you as much money as you could make on said item.So here comes a bunch of folks who figure hey! i'll just "back-end" the deal by slapping an exorbitant shipping fee on the item and i'll make my money there! Of course the downside is that when that package shows up for the buyer and they see $2.89 for shipping on the label when they paid as stated in the auction $20.00 for shipping they get ticked off and rightfully so.

Then you have some folks who try to salve their conscience by saying well X amount for the item and X amount for the shipping equals out because i really wanted X for the item anyways. Those are the folks who need to be selling on Amazon then they can ask for their X amount for the item and the customer doesn't get screwed.

It's quite simple if the item listed on Ebay goes for say $5 dollars but you felt it was worth more don't screw over your customer with outrageous shipping fee's just in case it doesn't sell for what you perceive to be enough if thats your game plan then sell it for what you feel it's worth on Amazon and be done with it.

Ebay is an auction site if it goes for less then it's the sellers tough luck not the buyers it's the risk you take with an auction.