IGNORED

1040ST Power Supply

Fletch

One of my 1040STs power supplies has died. I have an old 520 ST PSU that i figured I might be able to use if someone has info on the 1040 STs internal power connectors pinout.

I know Best and B&C sell new ones, but $70 seems a bit stiff.

If you have the pinout I'd appreciate forwarding it on.

Thanks!

Fletch

One of my 1040STs power supplies has died. I have an old 520 ST PSU that i figured I might be able to use if someone has info on the 1040 STs internal power connectors pinout.

I know Best and B&C sell new ones, but $70 seems a bit stiff.

If you have the pinout I'd appreciate forwarding it on.

Thanks!

Fletch

Don't have any schmatics at hand, but from memory they are the same as any PC AT/ATX PSU gives you, 5vdc/12vdc/ground/ground. Of course you have to decide if you do want an AT PSU hanging behind your st and making noise!

@Fletch: Here are some schematics of diverse Atari models: http://dev-docs.atariforge.org/

Of course, there are power supplies drawn on them. No SCH of 520 and it's PS, but it is not big deal to measure them.

If you still can not figure out pin-layout, I con dig out one of old external 520 PSes, and check it...

Same as PC AT... ? Hahhaha... Not layout of pins is same, not internal circuit (PC power suplies are much stronger, with 2-3 power transistors at primar, while ST power suplies have only 1 power transistor... ).

Using PC PS however may be a solution, and we have even some silent ones available...

Thanks for the link.

So from what I'm seeing:

pins 1 and 2 are 5v

pins 3, 4, 5 are ground

pin 6 is 12 v

Does that seem right?

Thanks again for the help!

Fletch

@Fletch: Here are some schematics of diverse Atari models: http://dev-docs.atariforge.org/

Of course, there are power supplies drawn on them. No SCH of 520 and it's PS, but it is not big deal to measure them.

If you still can not figure out pin-layout, I con dig out one of old external 520 PSes, and check it...

Same as PC AT... ? Hahhaha... Not layout of pins is same, not internal circuit (PC power suplies are much stronger, with 2-3 power transistors at primar, while ST power suplies have only 1 power transistor... ).

Using PC PS however may be a solution, and we have even some silent ones available...

• 7 years later...