IGNORED

Secret 5200 Project: Part 2.

CV Gus

O.K., the thing itself is ready.

I've so far managed to test it using Missile Command as a test cartridge. The tests were somewhat crude, but so far it works. A serious problem is that the cord I was using- from an old 5200 controller- is very unreliable, so I've got to use another- along with some stripped garbage ties (don't you just love my sophisticated equptment?) and my ancient multitester- hey, it's gotten me this far.

The tests have been successful in spite of this.

The reason for building this thing is to allow homebrewers to program a whole different class of games.

What I need now is a simple test cartridge. Ironically, if my Commodore-64 was still running I might have been able to use it for this part, but no luck.

I would ask a homebrewer for it, giving him the requirements. Once I receive it, I can make any modifications necessary. Once this is done, I would send the cartridge back to the programmer...along with what I was testing (a loan). This way, he can see if it's really any good.

Thanks in advance.

O.K., the thing itself is ready.

I've so far managed to test it using Missile Command as a test cartridge. The tests were somewhat crude, but so far it works. A serious problem is that the cord I was using- from an old 5200 controller- is very unreliable, so I've got to use another- along with some stripped garbage ties (don't you just love my sophisticated equptment?) and my ancient multitester- hey, it's gotten me this far.

The tests have been successful in spite of this.

The reason for building this thing is to allow homebrewers to program a whole different class of games.

What I need now is a simple test cartridge. Ironically, if my Commodore-64 was still running I might have been able to use it for this part, but no luck.

I would ask a homebrewer for it, giving him the requirements. Once I receive it, I can make any modifications necessary. Once this is done, I would send the cartridge back to the programmer...along with what I was testing (a loan). This way, he can see if it's really any good.

Thanks in advance.

Hey a 5200 mouse isn't a bad idea! :)

Oh, no, it's much more than that. As I said, it will allow a whole new genre of games not currently available for 5200 owners.

I was able to better test the first part of it using a CV controller. It works just fine.

The second part, though- so far, it looks like it works quite well, but without that test cartridge, it is impossible to tell for sure. Again, oddly enough, if I had a working C-64, or even a Vic-20, I could better test it.

A CV version is not going to be easy. The whole basis for the vital mechanism will not work properly with a CV control scheme.