IGNORED

Free 512MB card for Xbox 360 offer.

snorlaxnut

I don't know if this was already posted, sorry if it was. Here's something I saw on a freebie site today.

http://www.totallyfreestuff.com/index.asp?ID=17720

Xbox Live connects you effortlessly to friends, family and the world’s largest online entertainment center, allowing you to play games and share moments on the couch or around the world.

In order to connect to Xbox Live and enjoy everything the new Xbox Experience has to offer, you will need an Xbox 360 Hard Drive. While you can connect to Xbox Live using an Xbox 360 Memory Unit with 128MB of available space, you will not be able to enjoy all the great features like Xbox Live Primetime and video downloads.

That's why they are offering you a free 512MB memory card absolutely free.

*Serial number and console ID required.

I didn't try this since I don't have an Xbox 360. If you get one of these cards, enjoy!

Only for 360 Core/Arcade owners. Any system that came with a HDD is excluded. :(

I have a Pro, entered my info and got:

According to our records you own a console which has enough memory to connect to Xbox LIVE and live the new Xbox Experience. The next time you turn on your Xbox 360 console and connect to Xbox LIVE you will receive the update. Have fun!

If you feel you are receiving this message in error and own an Xbox 360 or Xbox 360 Arcade console please validate your serial number and reenter it here. Xbox 360 Pro and Elite consoles come with enough memory and are not eligible for this upgrade.

Yeah, well what about when you got the crappy 20gig model, and the drive is full.

If you don’t have enough available memory, you can clear some space by deleting unused saved content

What if it isn't "unused" content? Huh, MS? What then?

I want a free memory card, you bastards! :x

Ok, not topic related, but I just wanna comment on Snorlaxnut's new avatar.

See that thumb Dr. Dumbass is holding up? That's the thumb he loves to stick up the ass of gamers wanting good movies based on their favorite video games. I will admit, though. Postal DID have a few funny parts.

Only for 360 Core/Arcade owners. Any system that came with a HDD is excluded. :(

I bought the Arcade version and - no dice. (of course, I DID buy the 120GB hard drive to go with it. :) ) I'm guessing that they either have a way of figuring out if you have the hard drive or they figure that the 256MB memory card that was included with it is enough.

I want a free memory card, you bastards! :x

Me, too! *shakes fist*

*Serial number and console ID required.

I didn't try this since I don't have an Xbox 360. If you get one of these cards, enjoy!

I put my console ID in and it told me We have detected you really just have a resin sculpture of an Xbox 360 with some chips suspended in it. You will be unable to take advantage of this upgrade offer.

Well dang...

Apparently this thing either checks your console if it is logged in or a record is kept because my core did not register as eligible for the offer. The site claimed I have the necessary space and am ready for the upgrade.

I think if you've created an account and successfully logged into xbox live, you will not be eligible to receive the memory card. I already have an account but my machine should have qualified, so you're probably correct.

Apparently this thing either checks your console if it is logged in or a record is kept because my core did not register as eligible for the offer. The site claimed I have the necessary space and am ready for the upgrade.

I think if you've created an account and successfully logged into xbox live, you will not be eligible to receive the memory card. I already have an account but my machine should have qualified, so you're probably correct.

Well it seems pretty lame to me. Not only did I buy a core, I originally bought the premium (which I stood around the Wal-Mart shoe section for 8 hours to collect on opening night.) When my premium died I went straight to the store to pick up a core to replace it. If anyone should get a free memory card or something it should be people like me who bought a core out of need to replace their dead premium.

I opened that premium the next day and removed the x-clamps, reheated the solder, and slapped it all back together. That fixed it. Then about three weeks later the warranty got extended to 3 years. Oops.

Well it seems pretty lame to me. Not only did I buy a core, I originally bought the premium (which I stood around the Wal-Mart shoe section for 8 hours to collect on opening night.) When my premium died I went straight to the store to pick up a core to replace it. If anyone should get a free memory card or something it should be people like me who bought a core out of need to replace their dead premium.

I opened that premium the next day and removed the x-clamps, reheated the solder, and slapped it all back together. That fixed it. Then about three weeks later the warranty got extended to 3 years. Oops.

Oh I agree. I hate the fact I purchased a core unit for $300 and a 20gb hd for $99 (2005) only to have it red-ring about this time last year and have to wait for my unit to come back. Received a lousy 1 month Gold Live account (which I have still to use). You would think they might cut some of us a break.

For those who might be tempted to explain that this isn't quite how it works - Yes...I want something for nothing! ;)

Edited by rsiddall

• 3 weeks later...

Wouldn't it make more sense to just put a HD into a Core unit? Can you even do that?

Regardless, I will be entering my serial number later. I want to be able to use LIVE one of these days because I have friends that want to play against me. Heh.