IGNORED

Spider Maze injustice

HFK

So a seller on ebay (someone who places lotion in a basket, you know who I mean) had Spider Maze up for auction and I'm sure some of you were watching it. Anyways, I had the high bid for a couple days now and there were 3 more days to go. Well, Mr. Basket got scared I guess since he probably hasn't been getting what he thought he would for some auctions and pulled it then reposted it at $149 bin. There were still 3 days, damn give it a chance. Funny part is I have always wanted a t-handle game and when the auction started I really thought about it and decided I would go to $150 on it. It is not my fault if nobody else bids. Now, no, this left a bad taste in my mouth. I have had so many auctions ended early on me I won't buy this now just on principle.

I guess to be fair I have seen quite a few games go way cheaper then I thought they would but if you are running an auction run it damn it!

There is a Spider Maze on ebay now for $150 if anyone is interested, he also has a Boing! for $150, that one is overpriced in my opinion but, whatever.....

Bastards........

Seller probably had offers to end it early or add a BIN. This happens all the time. I wouldn't bid for $150 I don't think it's a $150 cart maybe $100 tops. It's on ebay often. Check ebay.ca and international auctions. There are PAL versions too, but NTSC isn't worth $150. I've seen prices in the $70-80 range if you're patient.

I imagine he's getting cold feet after having his ass handed to him on multiple items he's tried to sell on account of the lousy economy and atari market at this point in time. I ended snagging a copy of Up 'n Down and Spy Hunter in a lot from him a couple weeks ago for like $35, I thought I got a deal on it.

Like I said, I kind of understand because a lot of Atari stuff has gone pretty cheap lately and luckily I have been able to grab a few things I needed. I have seen quite a few items go for way less then I thought or would have bid if I had the money, and yes, basket has had a few items bite him but he also waited quite a while to take down a repro when multiple people told him it was a repro.

I have stopped watching auctions for the most part just because I can't afford to buy much now. When this auction came up at $10 starting bid I bid right away. After I thought about it and my finances I decided this is something I have wanted to add to my collection for years so I would bid up in the end. Well nobody bid against me but we all know the real action happens at the end, most of the time. With three days to go he should have let it run, actually, he should have set a reserve at least from the get go if he feels he hasn't been getting enough.

I just have a problem with auctions being pulled for any reason. You put it up, let it run. I have had auctions go for less then I thought I would get but that is what an auction is, you take your chances, sometimes you make out, sometimes not. If he would have contacted me saying he was going to end it I would have given him the $150. He still seems like a good seller and I would buy from him in the future but pulling auctions just burns me.