IGNORED

Stuck on Session 3 of the batari tutorial

.robb.

Hey guys,

I'm following the tutorial at batari.com step-by-step and am stuck at the "Installing batari BASIC" section. I have the first two paragraphs about downloading and installation done but am confused about the next line:

"You also need to set bB's path and envorinment variable before you can use bB."

I have absolutely zero idea as to what this means. I read further to try and figure it out and just got more confused. Can someone help me with this?

Go to Start, control panel, system, advanced, environment variables.

That last pick is a button.

On this screen, you get control of some system values contained iin what is called environment variables.

One of them is the system path. When a command is requested, by you, or a program, the computer looks through this list of directories, called the path, looking for the command. If it can't find it, then it delivers the error, "command not found". On the computer I am operating right now, my path looks like this:

%systemroot%\system32;%systemroot%;%systemroot%\system32\wbem;C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lenovo;C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Client Security Solution;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\;C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\;C:\Program Files\UGS\Teamcenter\Express\V2\bin;c:\Program Files\gs\gs8.54\lib;c:\Program Files\gs\gs8.54\bin;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\;C:\PROGRA~1\DISKEE~1\DISKEE~1\

It's a list of directories, seperated by semicolons. ";"

Say your path was just these two directories (folders)

C:\folder1

C:\windows

The path then would look like this:

C:\folder1;C:\windows

All you need to do is add the directories Batari Basic needs to your list of PATH directories.

That means looking at the tutorial, and the instructions that come with bB to identify these, then editing the path variable in the control panel, hitting the end key once you are actually editing, typing a semicolon, then the directory.

If this is confusing, you can cut 'n paste too, just like I did. Open notepad, cut the path text out of the dialog, paste it into notepad, add your directories, then paste it back into that little one line text area, then hit ok to make the change.