IGNORED

So what do think of this new usb 2600 controller?

Godzilla

From the Legacy Engineering website:

We are now SOLD OUT of the first 10,000 units. All September pre-orders have been shipped, October orders are starting to be shipped next week, and by March 2009 all orders will be shipped and at this time we will get in another 10,000 pcs and open up the store again, but we need to get these current orders out the door first...

Also on this next shipment, due to so many inquiries, yes we will wholesale to retailers looking to sell our controllers, so email if you'd like to be contacted in March to place orders, 25pcs minimum wholesaler quantities.

http://www.legacyengineer.com/store.html

We are now SOLD OUT of the first 10,000 units. All September pre-orders have been shipped, October orders are starting to be shipped next week, and by March 2009 all orders will be shipped and at this time we will get in another 10,000 pcs and open up the store again, but we need to get these current orders out the door first...

Also on this next shipment, due to so many inquiries, yes we will wholesale to retailers looking to sell our controllers, so email if you'd like to be contacted in March to place orders, 25pcs minimum wholesaler quantities.

Amazing, after all these years and an Atari product was able to sell over 10,000. And this is without any of this being sold in stores. Viva Atari!!!!!

You know, that actually is pretty incredible. And they must have seen enough demand to warrant another batch. Amazing.

10,000 units is quite a feat! All that without any sort of advertising... just word of mouth. Incredible.

Now if they can sell that many units from word of mouth, they GOTTA make the Flashback 3 a reality someday! <crosses fingers>

Amazing, after all these years and an Atari product was able to sell over 10,000. And this is without any of this being sold in stores. Viva Atari!!!!!

I was wondering about this number of brand new 2600 joysticks. What a feat!

I just wish mine would get here already. Told they would be here by Christmas when I ordered. I understand the problems but if you have them now finally to ship out why the delay? My first email got a response that I posted above, I emailed again about 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing. You would think when selling a product, taking the money upfront and promising a delivery date when problems arise you could at least contact the buyers.

I respect Curt and what he has done for the community but he hasn't even posted anything here and as you can see a few people have had questions. I have seen him posting in other threads and thought it curious he avoids a thread about a product he is selling. It is great they sold out and there are plans for a new run, but how long will that take, or how long will he hold on to peoples money without really saying anything?

So, has anyone got theirs yet???

Nope not got mine :( However I did order mine in Jan. I think the problem was that they were waiting for them to sell out before shipping. So they probably sold well in Oct. Nov. and Dec. with people thinking that they would get them early. Not long after I ordered mine i think they were sold out.

Cool, but emulators will be emulators.

Atari on the 2600 original is much better in my opinion, but I'm a freak collector hehe :rolling:

However, it makes me want to get one :-P (no one here would tell of course?)

I agree that emulators aren't the same but I like the idea of having something better than a PS2 style computer paddle. Plus it'll be nice to test homebrews in development with a more authentic controller. Plus I'd like to use it for Mame and figure out a way to add a button or two.

Sold out? I was just about to order :( hopefully there will be a second batch.

Nope not got mine :( However I did order mine in Jan. I think the problem was that they were waiting for them to sell out before shipping. So they probably sold well in Oct. Nov. and Dec. with people thinking that they would get them early. Not long after I ordered mine i think they were sold out.

I have not received mine yet, either. Not to add to your pain any, but I was an October order. The site said that October orders were shipping now, but that has been up for a couple weeks too. :(

In spite of that, I have all the faith in Curt. I know he would not screw the community over. Given the severity of his past situation, I'm willing to wait patiently for my sticks to arrive. :)

@ Wickeycolumbus: According to the website, once all current orders are shipped, there's plans to make another 10K units. Keep your eyes open for that. I think the link to the site is posted in a previous post.

Edited by Deteacher

Nope not got mine :( However I did order mine in Jan.

I have not received mine yet, either.....

Ordered mine in mid October, but still haven't received them. I tried emailing Legacy last week but have gotten no reply. :-(

Has anybody who ordered October or earlier received any???

I bought 2 joysticks in the beginning of October and after 5 months I haven't received them.

I know he said he had all kind of trouble, but I am sure that a person who is selling 10,000 pieces

cannot be alone to do all the work. Even if he hadn't had the surgery, he should have people to help him. If he doesn't

and is a honest person who wants to satisfy his clients, he should have hired employees.

I, also, don't like to see so many comments, posts and guys asking in all foruns, when it will arrive, or

what is happening and Curt does not bother to give a reply. I am not alone when I say I sent several emails and no answer, or a single

word from him. Seems he doesn't care about his reputation and only about the money, since now is too late to ask for a refund.

You can see people complainning about this in many topics at Atariage forum and many other sites:

http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php...7c2a2177f42dc58

http://www.amazon.com/USB-Controller-Devic...x/dp/B001II8MYY

http://www.retroblast.com/index.php?option...pic=439.msg1782

I know he is posting in other topics and totally disregarding the ones about the joysticks delay.

I think this is a total disrespect.

I bought 2 joysticks in the beginning of October and after 5 months I haven't received them.

I know he said he had all kind of trouble, but I am sure that a person who is selling 10,000 pieces

cannot be alone to do all the work. Even if he hadn't had the surgery, he should have people to help him. If he doesn't

and is a honest person who wants to satisfy his clients, he should have hired employees.

I, also, don't like to see so many comments, posts and guys asking in all foruns, when it will arrive, or

what is happening and Curt does not bother to give a reply. I am not alone when I say I sent several emails and no answer, or a single

word from him. Seems he doesn't care about his reputation and only about the money, since now is too late to ask for a refund.

You can see people complainning about this in many topics at Atariage forum and many other sites:

I know he is posting in other topics and totally disregarding the ones about the joysticks delay.

:roll: Curt is one of the nicest and most honest people in the community. It is you that is disrespectful, he is having heart problems.

:roll: Curt is one of the nicest and most honest people in the community. It is you that is disrespectful, he is having heart problems.

No, I'm not disrespctful since I am not the one who was paid for a bad service and is ignoring emails. As I said, if he had health problems and wants to honor the commitment, should hire employees, or at least answer the emails.

No, I'm not disrespctful since I am not the one who was paid for a bad service and is ignoring emails. As I said, if he had health problems and wants to honor the commitment, should hire employees, or at least answer the emails.

Curt's a great guy - he's not out to cheat anyone. He's just been having health problems. And when you're out of comission for that long, things pile up. Remember missing school for a week because you had the flu? Now imagine missing life for a month.

Just don't sweat it. Forget you spent some money on joysticks. Then, one day, you'll open your mailbox, and there will be USB joysticks! It'll be just like Christmas!

I ordered a pair of them back in October as well. When they come, they'll come. I have full faith in Curt.

-Ian

Curt's a great guy - he's not out to cheat anyone. He's just been having health problems. And when you're out of comission for that long, things pile up. Remember missing school for a week because you had the flu? Now imagine missing life for a month.

Just don't sweat it. Forget you spent some money on joysticks. Then, one day, you'll open your mailbox, and there will be USB joysticks! It'll be just like Christmas!

I ordered a pair of them back in October as well. When they come, they'll come. I have full faith in Curt.

-Ian

I would have some faith if he, at least, answers the emails, updates his site with real news or I see someone saying that the joysticks have been received.

If he can post in other topics, he could give us some attention, too